D&D 5E Greg Tito Gives First Look at Eberron: Rising from the Last War

WotC's Greg Tito in this week's D&D News had some information to drop on the upcoming book, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, including a wallpaper background for his show, and a first look at the back of the special edition cover.

WotC's Greg Tito in this week's D&D News had some information to drop on the upcoming book, Eberron: Rising from the Last War, including a wallpaper background for his show, and a first look at the back of the special edition cover.
  • The artificer in this book has 3 subclasses (unnamed): WotC's Jeremy Crawford had said previously that the alchemist was the low scorer of the last batch, so that might not have made the cut.
  • Group patrons excite Greg Tito, a traditional quest giver who adopts the adventuring party is the background, but now with weighty mechanics: used the example of being a team working for a University.
  • Eberron creator Keith Baker contributed a lot to this book, Jeremy Crawford was the lead, James Wyatt also worked on the book, as did a number of freelancers.
  • There is a chapter that is a Gazeeter of Sharn.
Screenshot_20190821-165339.png

Jeremy Crawford added some more detail -- "Eberron: Rising from the Last War" has nearly a hundred pages on building adventures in Khorvaire, the continent scarred by the Last War. That chapter includes a 1st-level adventure in the towering city of Sharn."

Screenshot_20190821-165334.png

Screenshot_20190821-165255.png
Screenshot_20190821-165248.png
Screenshot_20190821-165236.png
Screenshot_20190821-165221.png

@Morrus[/prbreak]

Do you know? I imagine the alchemist like the incarnum version of the artificer. A bluffer class about "metamagic" effects.

WotC could hire Dreamscarred Press to publish a 5th version of psionic, incarnum and martial adepts (crusader, swordsage and warblade).

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
I don't quite get the hate about Wayfarer's. Getting involved with early editions is getting pretty common (Pathfinder, 5E, Pathfinder 2...) and it is a fun way to get early access to toys while seeing how they evolve in the hands of the community and professionals.

I'd see it if they hadn't been up front about it. I mean sure, maybe some warning about warforged being blue and Sharn turning John Carter of Mars colored would have been nice but I'm sure there is a good explanation for that too =)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm happy with my Wayfinders purchase on D&D Beyond. I had no exposure to eberron and this was one of the few D&D books I've read cover to cover soon after buying the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if all the content in Wayfarers makes it into the hardcover, I am happy to pay for all the additional material and to have everything in a quality printed book.

The only thing about this that causes consternation is that if I also buy Rising from the Last War on D&D Beyond, when I perform a search, I'll get double results for certain terms. It already annoys me when the Basic rules get pulled up with the same sections on the PHB. It would be nice to have an option to exclude certain materials from search results.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don't quite get the hate about Wayfarer's. Getting involved with early editions is getting pretty common (Pathfinder, 5E, Pathfinder 2...) and it is a fun way to get early access to toys while seeing how they evolve in the hands of the community and professionals.

I'd see it if they hadn't been up front about it. I mean sure, maybe some warning about warforged being blue and Sharn turning John Carter of Mars colored would have been nice but I'm sure there is a good explanation for that too =)

Looks like a sunset image, and the Warforged is probably the Lord of Blades, who is heavily self-modified from the standard Warforged build.

Remove ads

Remove ads