(Grim Tales) Ride of the Winter King (Sequel to The Blood Alter of Wodan)

Old One

First Post
Bronwyn and Cai exchanged worried glances...the air just felt wrong. The huntsman froze, motioning the Celtic woman to stillness.

"There is is again," he hissed.

She nodded and slowly drew an arrow, nocking it swiftly.

The crack of ice-rimed snow preceded the explosion of frozen branches by the merest heartbeat.

"There!" called Cai, gesturing wildly to east.

Swirling snow raced down the slope, crackling with malice. Bronwyn snapped off a shot, but the cystaline cloud swallowed the missile without a hiccup.

Cai desperately swung his horn to his lips, but only managed a feeble burst before the numbing cold froze the wind in his lungs. Still, the sound carried well across the icy vale.

Artorious, Warlord of Britain, wearily pulled the Sword of Brude from its scabbard.

"Come...my friends...our companions are in need."

Without waiting for a reply, he spurred his mount back into the vale...back towards death.

Ride of the Winter King - Grim Tales/Mythic Heroes/True Sorcery

Having stopped the horrid Saxon sacrifice on the Winter's Solstice, Artorius and his stalwart band are attempting to elude roving bands of furious Saxon warriors bent on revenge and make their way west, back to their winter quarters at Aquae Sulis. For three days, they have been successful, but now...on Christmas Eve...one of the most holiest of Chrisitan days...a wintery blast like none of them have ever known has gripped central Britain in its icy grasp.

Out there, in the swirling storm, something is hunting them. Is it Saxons, or some deeper evil? Do you dare to find out?

EDIT: One open slot!

1. Rodrigo I.
2. Funeris
3. Dorgin Malgard
4. Divine O
5. Cassander
6. Fraisala
7. OPEN

Alt 1:
Alt 2:

This is a continuation of my psuedo-historical Arthurian adventures using Grim Tales + Mythic Heroes that I have run in the past at previous MD-VA-DC game days and GenCon. The only change this time will be the replacement of the BCCS magic rules with the updated True Sorcery rules. Pre-generated 8th level PCs will be provided covering the 7 archetypes of Mythic Heroes.

EDIT (9/18/07): After lots of tinkering, I have decided not to use the True Sorcery rules for magic but stick with Grim Tales. The only difference is that I will use non-lethal damage instead of stat damage for spell burn. Although the Grim Tales + True Sorcery/BCCS + Mythic Heroes has worked well for my Faded Glory homebrew...it just doesn't "feel" right for a pseudo-historical scenario.

If anyone wants to drop because of this change...just let me know...

And yes...the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated :D

~ OO

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Dibs on Brother T!
Amusingly enough, my GenCon Grim Tales game had a Winter Witch!

Got ya down. Since you have TS (and if you have your old PC sheet) take a look at Brother Temerius for any spell adjustment (it should mostly be the same). I will have an updated sheet to get you...but this is taking place right after the events of BAoW...so not much is different PC-wise.

~ OO

dorgin_malgard

First Post
Hey, I'd like to reserve three - Funeris - Dorgin_Malgard and DivineO - One of us may not because of needing a babysitter, but we're working on it in advance!

Old One

First Post
dorgin_malgard said:
Hey, I'd like to reserve three - Funeris - Dorgin_Malgard and DivineO - One of us may not because of needing a babysitter, but we're working on it in advance!

Done!

~ OO

Remove ads