(Grim Tales) Ride of the Winter King (Sequel to The Blood Alter of Wodan)

Cassander

First Post
Sounds good, thanks.

What do we need to know of these various systems you'll be using before we get there? And do you plan to have people choose characters when we get there or should we do that online beforehand to prepare? For those of us unfamiliar with the story-so-far/setting, is there anything we can read to catch up?

Old One

First Post
Cassander said:
Sounds good, thanks.

What do we need to know of these various systems you'll be using before we get there? And do you plan to have people choose characters when we get there or should we do that online beforehand to prepare? For those of us unfamiliar with the story-so-far/setting, is there anything we can read to catch up?

I will post a synopsis of each PC and the PC stat sheets prior to the game. Basically, if you have played d20/d20 Modern, you will be fine with Grim Tales. There is (or was) a GT site floating around with most of the other critical info on it. Mythic Heroes essentially an Action Point on steroids add-on, with 7 heroic archetypes and bunch of cool AP usage mechasims. I will have handouts for each PC with their special abilities.

Magic is the only thing that is really different. Rodgrigo is playing one of the spellcasters (Brother Temerius) and is well-versed in the system. If anyone else has experience with either BCCS or has True Sorcery (Green Ronin), I will suggest they play the other caster, Myrdwyn of the Old Way.

I will also post a mini-synopsis of what has transpired to get the group to where they are currently.

Hope that answers everything...

Best,

~ OO

GlassJaw

Hero
Cassander said:
What do we need to know of these various systems you'll be using before we get there?

A strong understanding of the d20 system first and foremost. Experience with action points will be very helpful as well, since Mythic Heroes gives you a LOT of stuff to use your AP's on (especially if you get the Mentor!).

Old One

First Post
After some inner turmoil, I have decided to remove the True Sorcery component from this game. While it works well in my homebrew Faded Glory setting in combo with Grim Tales, it just doesn't "fit" within a pseudo-historical setting. I will be going with Grim Tales spell-casting, but using non-lethal damage for spell-burn instead of stat damage.

Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns...

~ OO

Old One said:
After some inner turmoil, I have decided to remove the True Sorcery component from this game. While it works well in my homebrew Faded Glory setting in combo with Grim Tales, it just doesn't "fit" within a pseudo-historical setting. I will be going with Grim Tales spell-casting, but using non-lethal damage for spell-burn instead of stat damage.

Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns...

~ OO

No biggie. That's what you used for the first two games. And it's not like there's enough time during a one-shot to create new spells with TS anyway :)

I did find Brother T's sheet from GenCon 06, too, sandwiched between two slabs of Tact-Tiles!

Remove ads