(Grim Tales) Ride of the Winter King (Sequel to The Blood Alter of Wodan)

Fraisala

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Don't sweat it. There were at least two sessions of Episode 2 at GenCon, so it's not like other people haven't played the characters before. And I'm the only one (so far as I know) that will have played all three.

ya know, you're right. I feel better already:)

Although... should we be doing this with them in the very same room? It feels so naughty... ;)

Old One

First Post
Cassander said:
I was searching for info on Mythic Heroes and stumbled upon the thread for Blood Alter of Wodan... I assume the characters will be pretty similar to that?

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=162036

I think I might like to try Artorius, though from what I've read of Mythic Heroes I'll have to watch out for Leudonus snatching my action points since he's the shadow.

Cassander,

Artorious is yours. The stats are identical to this thread...I will, however, be updating the motivations a bit since the BAoW episode and subsequent happenings.

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
By the book you take it as Str damage, but OO said it would be non-lethal HP damage for this scenario. (He might want to reconsider that, though -- we'll have a hell of a lot of hit points.)

Ah...but it is 1d6 per spell level :] !

~ OO

Cassander

First Post
Setting question: What languages do we all speak? Some form of 5th century Celtic language akin to Breton? I assume Bother T and I would be able to speak and read formal Latin... would there be a form of vulgar(romance) Latin being spoken that some other characters might also know? If there is a Celtic language being spoken, would Brother T have picked it up? I guess Leudonus would speak a form of vulgar Latin that'd be the ancestor to French rather than the older Celtic Gaulic language... would he have picked up the local British Celtic language as well?

Just want to get an idea of what we'll be speaking... hope I'm not being too much of a language geek.

I will be speaking English, I'm afraid. You're welcome to pretend it's Latin if that helps, though :p

Actually, I still have Brother Temerius' sheet from last time (yes, I am a geek), and there are no languages listed. I don't think it's come up, although he has used Decipher Script once or twice.

You should check out OO's Faded Glory stuff. It's really, really cool and rich in history and flavor. It would make an awesome PbP or something. :cool

Last edited:

Cassander

First Post
Thanks to Phil for running this game and to all the other players for playing so well... it was a lot of fun. I also hope there's another sequel!

Remove ads