(Grim Tales) Ride of the Winter King (Sequel to The Blood Alter of Wodan)

Fraisala

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Sure, you can laugh. You never faced The Pond of Doom. Brother T's been there, done that, got the T-shirt :eek:

... ... Should I be afraid to ask? Too late, I'll bite: What the heck happened? (I can't seem to find any record of exactly what went down in the story so far, so consider me ignorant until enlightened)

Fraisala said:
... ... Should I be afraid to ask? Too late, I'll bite: What the heck happened? (I can't seem to find any record of exactly what went down in the story so far, so consider me ignorant until enlightened)

In Episode I (which, coincidentally, ocurred at the inaugural DC Gameday a few years back), the intrepid adventurers was travelling to the Isle of Mons to retrieve some artifacts that would help repel the Saxons. We were doing reasonably well, although Xath as Bronwyn forgetting why 'reach' is dangerous and getting smacked across the field of combat like a baseball was amusing. At a certain point we encountered a body of water which began spewing forth zombies.

We dispatched the zombies and survived in reasonably good form. We noticed something shiny at the bottom of the lake, and thinking it our macguffin, proceded to try and retrieve it. 3/4 of the party then proceeded to roll critical failures -- sometimes more than once -- on the swim checks. We nearly had a TPK at our moment of triumph just from drowning in a placid pool of H2O.

In any event, we eventually recovered the item, Brother T pretty much finished himself off casting a wind-walk ritual, and the rest of the party fought back the Saxon invaders in the nick of time.

Episode Two had the band coming together to stop a dark ritual (I played this one at GenCon 06, again as Brother T). The first one had some puzzles and social stuff mixed in with the combat, but Episode Two was almost all combat. We were such bad-asses we even split the party into three groups and still managed to save the day.

I've grown rather fond of Brother Temerius. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action again.

It just occurred to me, too, that The Universe, Queen D, reveal, Rystil Arden, Old One and myself were all in that second session at GenCon and are all going to be at the Gameday.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
In Episode I (which, coincidentally, ocurred at the inaugural DC Gameday a few years back), the intrepid adventurers was travelling to the Isle of Mons to retrieve some artifacts that would help repel the Saxons. We were doing reasonably well, although Xath as Bronwyn forgetting why 'reach' is dangerous and getting smacked across the field of combat like a baseball was amusing. At a certain point we encountered a body of water which began spewing forth zombies.

We dispatched the zombies and survived in reasonably good form. We noticed something shiny at the bottom of the lake, and thinking it our macguffin, proceded to try and retrieve it. 3/4 of the party then proceeded to roll critical failures -- sometimes more than once -- on the swim checks. We nearly had a TPK at our moment of triumph just from drowning in a placid pool of H2O.

In any event, we eventually recovered the item, Brother T pretty much finished himself off casting a wind-walk ritual, and the rest of the party fought back the Saxon invaders in the nick of time.

Episode Two had the band coming together to stop a dark ritual (I played this one at GenCon 06, again as Brother T). The first one had some puzzles and social stuff mixed in with the combat, but Episode Two was almost all combat. We were such bad-asses we even split the party into three groups and still managed to save the day.

I've grown rather fond of Brother Temerius. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action again.

It just occurred to me, too, that The Universe, Queen D, reveal, Rystil Arden, Old One and myself were all in that second session at GenCon and are all going to be at the Gameday.
But, alas, we will not all be playing. :(

Fraisala said:
:eek: I wonder if Myrdwyn knows CPR... How about Brother T? Is he much of a healer? What's he like, anyway?

He has some skills in the healing arts, and some minor miracles at his disposal courtesy of the Almighty. But it is *Grim* Tales -- there are limits to my powers. Myrdwyn's blasphemous heretical unsavory magics are a little more on the *boom* side than Brother T's.

Fraisala

First Post
hey, I can handle grim!

But it looks like I might have some serious shoe-fillin' to do. Ever feel like you're somehow intruding on something? almost as if you're playing somebody else's character while they're away or... Maybe I'm just imagining things.

ps *boom!* :] Romans go home!

Last edited:

Cassander

First Post
---
*takes Brother Temerius aside*

Come now, my Brother, remember that Myrdwyn is a child of Christ the same as you and I, even if she does not yet realize it. Was it not you who counseled me that we must love our neighbors and enemies alike? Take heed. We are all working together for a better Britain.

---

---
*takes Myrdwyn aside*

My revered Myrdwyn, do not heed Brother Temerius's words so greatly. Was it not you who counseled me against putting too much stock in what he says, especially in divine matters? Be at peace. We are fighting against the Saxons together and together we shall prevail.
---

Fraisala said:
hey, I can handle grim!

But it looks like I might have some serious shoe-fillin' to do. Ever feel like you're somehow intruding on something? almost as if you're playing somebody else's character while they're away or... Maybe I'm just imagining things.

ps *boom!* :] Romans go home!

Don't sweat it. There were at least two sessions of Episode 2 at GenCon, so it's not like other people haven't played the characters before. And I'm the only one (so far as I know) that will have played all three.

Remove ads