• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

ragboy

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:
"News travels fast. Sil'saar will have his hands full keeping control of Mansaraat away from his elders, House Jaal, or even the Emperor. But you slaves represent another asset entirely-- vulnerable really only to the Order or my Authority."

Quick assessement: How many of them are with us? Watching us or the door? I feel like Rawley's about to do something stupid.

nakia

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Yes, the batons came from two Authority bru troopers.

EDIT: Mansaraat is the Pylon Stronghold (where you are currently located). House Saar "controls" the place. House Saar is a "little cousin" of House Jaal.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

And, ragboy, Teddy is all for stupid. I mean, we got our weapons back, people think we've been carted away to be executed. . . what better time to escape?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
ragboy said:
Quick assessement: How many of them are with us? Watching us or the door? I feel like Rawley's about to do something stupid.
Hmm, let's say Vert'jaal and half a dozen elite Authority troopers.

You figure "elite" based on their armor and armaments, which appear to be very high quality, and their discipline, which is also better than standard bru troops you've seen (which in and of itself is noteworthy). You haven't seen any of the usual distracted sneering and s:):):):):):)ing at your expense that you have seen before from "House Troops." These guys are all business.

EDIT: God, I hate that filter.

Old One

First Post
Brigitta

[Sorry gang, Hell Week at work]

Brigitta hums quietly to herself as she quickly inspects her medical kit, straps her cleavers in place and buckles on the Webley. She snaps it open to inspect the load and quickly re-holsters it.

She glances around at the men. Haskins and Teddy look ready for action, but action before knowledge is typically futile.

She sidles up to Vert'jaal, staying just out of easy rod strike distance and speaks to him in his tongue, hand resting lightly on the pistol grip.

"So Vert'jaal, shall we be prepared for a fight soon? I only ask since we have different ways of battle...especially with our weapons returned. Neither I - nor my companions - will go quietly to the executioner's blade...but a shred of knowledge of what is immenient would be helpful."

~ OO

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Brigitta sidled up to Vert'jaal, staying just out of easy rod strike distance and spoke to him in his tongue, her hand resting lightly on her pistol grip.

"So Vert'jaal, shall we be prepared for a fight soon? I only ask since we have different ways of battle...especially with our weapons returned. Neither I - nor my companions - will go quietly to the executioner's blade...but a shred of knowledge of what is immenient would be helpful."

"We will play it to taste; it may not be necessary." Vert'jaal replied.

Dropping his voice, he answered Brigitta in broken English. "My warriors won't fight priessssssssts."

He noticed her hand on her pistol for the first time, and seemed slightly taken aback. Returning to sli'ess, he asked, "You fight as well?"

Old One

First Post
Brigitta

Wulf Ratbane said:
He noticed her hand on her pistol for the first time, and seemed slightly taken aback. Returning to sli'ess, he asked, "You fight as well?"

Brigitta flashes Vert'jaal a wry smile.

"My talents are much more in the healing arts, but I can handle myself well enough in a fight..."

She trails off, thinking of the first battle in the arena. She represses the terror rising in her throat.

"I ask what we may face so that my companions and I might be ready...just in case the 'taste' turns sour..."

~ OO

[If she can get enough info from Vert'jaal, she will attempt to use her Plan talent to develop a coordinated attack/defense plan should things go bad.]

Fenris

Adventurer
Obviously Vert'jaal wasn't in the mood to chat much.

But hurry-up-and-wait was Haskin's bread and butter and he slid back into the routine as easily as he had his uniform.

To pass the time, seeing as he was armed, he will approach one of the Authority troopers, and in Sli'ess, he will try to strike up a conversation, using the best word for warrior with a hefty measure of respect as he had learned.

"My fellow warriors, having served in the gladiator arena, I have seen many of your weapons, but none are as worthy as those carried by the mighty Bru, and of those none so distinguished as those of the Authority. Would you show an old soldier these weapons of distinction you carry?"

OOC: Haskins is really just trying to learn more about the weapons and strike some chord of comraderie among the Bru. If the Bru respond he will ask some, but not too many questions, but keep his eyes open for switches and triggers. I will again let Wulf roll for any Dip check as IC still doesn't like me.

Remove ads