• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

BryonD

Hero
Do we need to keep the spoiler tags?

[sblock]Joshua will quickly search the cave for signs of passage. How recent? How many? All going to the portal or are there more recent tracks returning?

All the while he'll also keep an eye on Vert’jaal. What's up with him? Is this some great plan for victory? Or is it just a complicated way to glorious suicide?

Inspect Cave and Sense Motive (1d20+18=37, 1d20+14=32)

[/sblock]

nakia

First Post
Vert'jaal did bring us tea! Wulf rules.

Teddy paces grimly. "Dis smells like another set up ta me," he spits as he looks at Vert'jaal.

"And maybe I was sleepin' or just got hit in da head a few too many times, but what's dis Order business?"

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Human and sli'ess tracks to and from the portal, certainly within the last couple of days. (Wow, that was quite a roll.)

Vert'jaal seems calm. He doesn't seem to hold any hostile intentions towards you guys. He casts a couple of worried glances at his own troops.

Vert'jaal looked up at Teddy. "The Order? They are the official priesthood of the Empire. The suul priests operate completely outside the usual political circles of the Empire-- though they are nominally subject to the Emperor, as are we all. Still, they wield considerable political and economic power, and are not to be contested... lightly.

Sense Motive: Vert'jaal really seems to dislike the Order.

Last edited:

BryonD

Hero
Joshua - AP remaining = 7

Joshua clear's his throat, trying to catch Haskin's eye. He nods slightly toward the soldiers.

Doing the best I can in Sliss.

Sergeant, I see that Teddy and I are fighting side by side again.
He cuts a grin Teddy's way.
We have not lost a fight under your leadership yet. Now we get the honor of fighting alongside the warriors. And these soldiers get to know that glorious victory alongside the unbeatable Teddy and JoshuRA is soon to come. A great event for all most certainly.

Diplomacy to rally soldiers (1d20+14=29)
Action point to push it over 30.
Action point - diplomacy (1d6=5)
Total = 34

ragboy

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:
" Still, they wield considerable political and economic power, and are not to be contested... lightly.

"Interesting," Rawley says, trying to keep his composure. Could we take them here and get home?. "But, isn't that what we're doing right now? Contesting their authority? Or are you saying that we're going to contest it heavily?"

F***ing lizard politics, he thinks, then tries to catch Haskin's eye. If we're going to take them, the limey will be the one to call it.

Fenris

Adventurer
ragboy said:
"Interesting," Rawley says, trying to keep his composure. Could we take them here and get home?. "But, isn't that what we're doing right now? Contesting their authority? Or are you saying that we're going to contest it heavily?"

F***ing lizard politics, he thinks, then tries to catch Haskin's eye. If we're going to take them, the limey will be the one to call it.

Haskins catches Sutton's eyes and follows them to the portal. He gives his head a slight shake no.

Not yet, not unless we know that portal will work. Dammit, if I knew Neilson could get it to work it might be worthwhile.

But Haskins was worried about other things. Whomever the Order was it was strong enough and reviled enough to cause a truce between the Authority and Sli-saar. Not only that but they were armed. Obviously even Vert'jaal did not want them to fall into the Order's hads, which meant that they were valuable to Vert'jaal, at least for the moment. Haskins decided that the question left unasked would never be answered.

Address ing Vert'jaal he speaks in Sli'ess "So what advantage do you seek here, Vert'jaal? I only ask because if we may aid you we shall since you seem to have aligned yourslef with our cause, for the moment."

OOC: I'll let Wulf roll Diplomacy since my rolls have been abysmal of late.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Addressing Vert'jaal, Haskins asked, "So what advantage do you seek here, Vert'jaal? I only ask because if we may aid you we shall, since you seem to have aligned yourslef with our cause, for the moment."

Vert'jaal looked surprised. "I wasn't aware you had a cause. Unless you mean saving your skins from the priests' altars-- in which case I suppose we have a common starting point." He looked away, his eyes locked on the doorway, and continued almost absent-mindedly.

"News travels fast. Sil'saar will have his hands full keeping control of Mansaraat away from his elders, House Jaal, or even the Emperor. But you slaves represent another asset entirely-- vulnerable really only to the Order or my Authority."

nakia

First Post
Wasn't it Vert'jaal who gave us those exploding crystal batons that killed the House Mansaraat elder? My memory is fuzzy and those posts have been deleted.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nakia said:
Wasn't it Vert'jaal who gave us those exploding crystal batons that killed the House Mansaraat elder? My memory is fuzzy and those posts have been deleted.
Yes, the batons came from two Authority bru troopers.

EDIT: Mansaraat is the Pylon Stronghold (where you are currently located). House Saar "controls" the place. House Saar is a "little cousin" of House Jaal.

Remove ads