GSL questions for Scott Rouse and Mike Lescault

Bacris

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Guys, please be as cool as possible to LurkingLidda. She is the main point of contact for publishers hoping to use the GSL, but she does not call the shots. Clearly, the final GSL has not been approved by The Powers That Be, so Lidda can't provide concrete information about the terms of that unapproved document.

Not just that, Erik. The GSL, as I understand it, is under NDA for all parties until June 6th, so even when it is done, she won't be able to discuss it publicly until then (assuming that it's done before June 6th).

I can't say for sure, since Texas doesn't require a "business license", only a "doing business as" filing and a sales & use tax certificate, so I couldn't apply for the GSL (thankfully, my business partner operates under a business license, so he'd probably know better).

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Guys, please be as cool as possible to LurkingLidda. She is the main point of contact for publishers hoping to use the GSL, but she does not call the shots. Clearly, the final GSL has not been approved by The Powers That Be, so Lidda can't provide concrete information about the terms of that unapproved document.

If I came off as dissrespectful I appologize, that was not my intent. There have been issues before on this board (not with LurkingLidda though that I know of) where imprecise language has caused missunderstandings. I was hoping to clarify that that was infact what she ment. If she really does have no authority to disscuss things then I understand. Better for this to come out though than for folks to keep pressing the issue pointlessly because she was nice enough to post here. I am happy to have both you and her posting here.

Jack99

Adventurer
lurkinglidda said:
No offense taken. I knew what you were getting at.

Besides, if my armor wasn't thick I would't dare post.

Good thing that armor makes you avoid blows entirely, instead of just lessening the damage, that way, you emerge unharmed from a thread such as this.

Cheers

Orcus

First Post
Erik Mona said:

I strongly join with Erik in this. I've worked with Linae on GSL issues and she is about as cool and nice as you could ever want. She is not the "problem" and I am certain that she doesnt like the delay any more than we do. Believe me, Linae and Scott want to help us third party publishers. So please be nice to Lidda/Linae. I know it is hip to dis Wizards as a faceless, heartless Microsoft-like evil megacorp, but that isnt the case at all. It is filled with cool people like Linae who love gaming. She has a huge heart and deserves our support.

lurkinglidda

First Post
Orcus said:
I strongly join with Erik in this. I've worked with Linae on GSL issues and she is about as cool and nice as you could ever want. She is not the "problem" and I am certain that she doesnt like the delay any more than we do. Believe me, Linae and Scott want to help us third party publishers. So please be nice to Lidda/Linae. I know it is hip to dis Wizards as a faceless, heartless Microsoft-like evil megacorp, but that isnt the case at all. It is filled with cool people like Linae who love gaming. She has a huge heart and deserves our support.
Aww, shucks! :eek:

lurkinglidda

First Post
Jack99 said:
Good thing that armor makes you avoid blows entirely, instead of just lessening the damage, that way, you emerge unharmed from a thread such as this.

Chris Perkins recently described me as the only person at WotC with the ability to make posts that don't upset the entire community (or something along those lines).

I'll let you in on a secret: it's a feat called "Utter Integrity" and it can be found on page 1 of my personal PHB. ;)

Jack99

Adventurer
lurkinglidda said:
Chris Perkins recently described me as the only person at WotC with the ability to make posts that don't upset the entire community (or something along those lines).

I'll let you in on a secret: it's a feat called "Utter Integrity" and it can be found on page 1 of my personal PHB. ;)

That is indeed a rare gift, especially these days.

Cheers

Yair

Community Supporter
lurkinglidda said:
Can't.
I prefer to remain employed.
What?! You prefer to stay employed over answering my questions? How insensitive of you. ;)

I'll have to wait patiently till June, apparently. :) Thanks for coming over.

Bacris said:
I can't say for sure, since Texas doesn't require a "business license", only a "doing business as" filing and a sales & use tax certificate, so I couldn't apply for the GSL (thankfully, my business partner operates under a business license, so he'd probably know better).
The impression I get is that the whole "business license" thing is just a guideline. If you can demonstrate that you are a genuine business I hope you'd be fine.

For instance, there's no such thing as a business license in the UK, but I dare say that if Mongoose wanted to sign up for the GSL then WotC would let them.

Remove ads