• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guidance Cleric cantrip is really dumb

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Goblinoid? Are you trying to call someone a troll and mistakenly believe that to be a type of goblinoid? They are giants.

Also, accusing people of being sock-puppet accounts just because they happen to agree while disagreeing with you is terribly uncouth.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Goblinoid? Are you trying to call someone a troll and mistakenly believe that to be a type of goblinoid? They are giants.

Also, accusing people of being sock-puppet accounts just because they happen to agree while disagreeing with you is terribly uncouth.

I literally said I was joking. I was trying to be funny and light hearted between people who have been debating to lower tensions. I thought the goblinoid thing would be funnier than giant because being accurate might make it a more serious post and I was kind of expecting a return jab from one of them on that regard.. ...As usual my communications skills fail me it seems. I would blame it on lose of connotation in typing but I am told I am not funny in person ether.

To be clear I doubt anyone would take the time to sock-puppet on a D&D forum. I could be wrong but we are talking about a game. If anyone is offended by my bad hummer even with the disclaimer... I do apologize.

Does that count as a ClaytonCross? Mistwell? Fog Reaver? I am sure one of the two of you could tell me since I am not sure what my username means as verb now.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
An excellent explanation. Thank you.
Thank you for the kind words!

:)

I suppose it also helps me realize I don't care about immersion. But I really want that investment.
Investment is crucial, but I don't stress immersion as a goal. It's one of those things that happen as a byproduct of great DM storytelling, but isn't something targeted (in my gaming practice, anyway).

So a player that rolls dice as part of their skill check breaks everyones immersion? DM's should not use skill checks because they break immersion? Am I getting it now?
:erm:

Also, "In my opinion" is pretty much used the same way. I like them both and boy is there "rift in communication" when I post.
LOL Here's to great rifts and conversational tools that bring us together!

;)

Remove ads