D&D 5E [GUIDE] Celestial Link Evoking Radiance Into Creation - CLERIC guide

mellored

Legend
Quick question. As indicated by the guide, Disciple of Life do increase the healing of each goodberry, but how does blessed healer synergy with goodberry? Will each berry your allies take, heal you for hit points too?
No.

It's only when you "cast" a spell that you regain hit points.

A melee support clerics has as of SCAG, got a lot better thanks to BB and GFB.
I rated those spells blue at the top. That said, you still need to jump though some hoops to get it.

Though i forgot to upgrade high elf. That free cantrip is now pretty good.

All its features is good, none of it is great, and none of it is bad
I agree. Nothing standout about them, nothing bad about them. Which makes it black.

But with the channel divinity only healing to 1/2, and all cleric spells, it just doesn't add up to too much. You can have too much healing.

Secondly; I dont get why Trickery domain is ranked sky blue? Its Channel Divinity seems to just be ok, if you can actually deceive your enemies. It takes a whole action to get out and going, lasts a minute, and it even requires your concentration to keep up.
It allows you to attack a room away, get advantage, and do all sorts of other trickery things.

One strike at the duplicate and the enemy knows, right? Guess this is very DM dependent.
From my perspective it is black if you can deceive monsters, and purple/red if you cant. Either way, I cannot see how this is sky blue.
True.

I'm probably basing it too much on my DM, rather then what some other DM's might rule. I rarely had a straight up fight with trickery, at least not without sending my illusion in ahead of me and twisting the battle to my advantage before it began, or at very least getting an extra 120' on my spells.

It also doesn't do much if the barbarian rushes in to battle. You need a patient party.

I will change it to skyblue / purple, depending on the DM / party.

As for death domain. Is it really Sky Blue? Yes it does have a great Channel Divinity, but reaper and Divine Strike kinda competes with each other. I prefer a bit more focus. Until level 17, it doesn't have that much going for it, beyond channel divinity. And what it does have going for it at level 17, is double vampiric touch. Am I missing something. This domain does not seem sky blue to me.
CD is great. You can't waste it, and it doesn't take an action. And channel divinities are a major feature of the sub-class.
Reaper is great, even at low levels chill touch at 120' with 1d8 against 2 (9 damage) target's. 2d8*2 (18) damage at level 5. That's almost on par with most weapon users (1d8+3 = 7.5), at least against groups.
Spells are all good.
Divine strike... not good, no. But adding potent cantrip would be too much with reaper.

Delicate Swarm

First Post
So my Wizard died, but he may come back later as a Death Cleric. This is my idea

High Elf Death Cleric 8/Divination Wizard 4

Stats: Str 8 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 13 Wis 18 Cha 10

Feat:Magic Initiate(Druid) Faerie Fire,Shillelagh

Its a little all over the place but still. Wiz gives me a familiar, and some great defense in Shield/Blur. I might not need Shillelagh, but its nice. Plus fairie fire+skeletons is awesome.

mellored

Legend
So my Wizard died, but he may come back later as a Death Cleric. This is my idea

High Elf Death Cleric 8/Divination Wizard 4

Stats: Str 8 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 13 Wis 18 Cha 10

Feat:Magic Initiate(Druid) Faerie Fire,Shillelagh

Its a little all over the place but still. Wiz gives me a familiar, and some great defense in Shield/Blur. I might not need Shillelagh, but its nice. Plus fairie fire+skeletons is awesome.
Seems fine.

Though remember that fairie fire is based off Int. So it's easier to dodge. Though it can still be worth it against the right enemy.

Delicate Swarm

First Post
What does everyone think about a Death Cleric X/Necromancer 2? Seems obvious at first but Grim Harvest is a good ability for anyone using attack spells. Spiritual weapon and Vampiric touch trigger it (the latter for x3 health). Plus you have inflict wounds, so really the cleric has better Necrotic options than the Wizard, single target at least. I'm looking for good multiclass synergies for Death and this one really jumps out. Good enough that its worth 2-3 levels? Better than Divination or a fighter dip?

mellored

Legend
What does everyone think about a Death Cleric X/Necromancer 2? Seems obvious at first but Grim Harvest is a good ability for anyone using attack spells. Spiritual weapon and Vampiric touch trigger it (the latter for x3 health). Plus you have inflict wounds, so really the cleric has better Necrotic options than the Wizard, single target at least. I'm looking for good multiclass synergies for Death and this one really jumps out. Good enough that its worth 2-3 levels? Better than Divination or a fighter dip?
It works if your looking for a tanky/gish. You definitely want warcaster for some stickiness and to make sure you don't lose concentration on vampiric touch. Otherwise monsters can just pass by you and your self-heal does nothing. Probably want to grab shield as well, but take some damage first so you can heal.

Divination would be better combo'd with control spells like command.

gyor

Legend
VGTM races that are good for Clerics

Aasimar (especially Protector, but all of them are good for Clerics).

Lizardfolk get both con and wisdom boost and a cool bite attack.

Kenku has desent stats for a dex/wis based Cleric, but otherwise has nothing to offer, except maybe to a forge domain cleric.

Bugbears make for an interesting Trickster Cleric.

Hobgoblin is okay for clerics.

Tabaxi claws make a desent fall back weapon for clerics that mostly cast spells in combat, and they offer skills, climbing and bursts of speed to Trickster Clerics.

Tritons make good Tempest Clerics, although Charisma will be more important then usual.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases