D&D General H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

dave2008

Legend
I ran them when the first came out. they are weak mostly due to the fact that WotC was still learning what they were doing. great maps great encounters great ideas...but please read through and make it your own.
Have you looked through the updates in this thread. They improve it quite a bit IMO

Myrhdraak

Explorer
I have been playing with the idea of updating the Orcus game to my 4.5 Edition framework (mainly reworking the monsters), but also adopting the threat levels of the encounters. With the 4.5 edition I think you could make the game play at least twice as fast than the original - allowing for more focus on exploration and roleplaying.
However, right now I have spent nearly a year creating a 4.5 Edition framework in MapTools so that I can build in much of the rules into macros so I do not have to spend so much time on being a rules lawyer and securing player adherance to the rules, as well as minimizing the need for record keeping (for monster HP, etc). I have also built it for live and online mode. So when we play online, you are requested to roll your hit and damage dices and feed them in, and then MapTools take care of the rest for you.
The greatest effect is when I use it on ISOMETRIC maps and tokens that automatically create the effects of fireballs, etc. on the map, it becomes quite visual.

dave2008

Legend
I have been playing with the idea of updating the Orcus game to my 4.5 Edition framework (mainly reworking the monsters), but also adopting the threat levels of the encounters. With the 4.5 edition I think you could make the game play at least twice as fast than the original - allowing for more focus on exploration and roleplaying.
However, right now I have spent nearly a year creating a 4.5 Edition framework in MapTools so that I can build in much of the rules into macros so I do not have to spend so much time on being a rules lawyer and securing player adherance to the rules, as well as minimizing the need for record keeping (for monster HP, etc). I have also built it for live and online mode. So when we play online, you are requested to roll your hit and damage dices and feed them in, and then MapTools take care of the rest for you.
The greatest effect is when I use it on ISOMETRIC maps and tokens that automatically create the effects of fireballs, etc. on the map, it becomes quite visual.
I have some of your 4.5 stuff saved somewhere, but I don't remember what you changed about monsters. Do you have the time / desire to remind me?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. I guess I had forgotten you updated monsters too. Once again I just want to say this is amazing work!

Last edited:

ronin

Explorer
The H2 Conversion kit link doesn’t appear to be working currently. I’d be interested in having the file if it’s still available. I may be running this in the future so I’m looking to see how you tied it all together.

Thank you!

dave2008

Legend
The H2 Conversion kit link doesn’t appear to be working currently. I’d be interested in having the file if it’s still available. I may be running this in the future so I’m looking to see how you tied it all together.

Thank you!
You can try summoning @Myrhdraak to see if they will update the link. I might have it somewhere too.

EDIT: ninja'd by Zio

EDIT 2: Odd, I just checked and the rest of the links seem to work, but H2 isn't.

ronin

Explorer
Has anyone ran this in 5e yet? I’m looking to run a campaign with a demon or devil lord being the driving force behind events in the game. I’ve ran Savage Tide in 3.5 so Demogorgon is out. Originally I was thinking of Bloodstone Pass, but 1e is a different style of game so maybe I’ll use the outline of the campaign as a guide.

I like the idea of using devils, but I’m not aware of any adventures with a focus on devils. Is there something out there I’m missing? This isn’t happening right away so I have time to prepare. Thanks in advance for any information you provide!

dave2008

Legend
Has anyone ran this in 5e yet? I’m looking to run a campaign with a demon or devil lord being the driving force behind events in the game. I’ve ran Savage Tide in 3.5 so Demogorgon is out. Originally I was thinking of Bloodstone Pass, but 1e is a different style of game so maybe I’ll use the outline of the campaign as a guide.

I like the idea of using devils, but I’m not aware of any adventures with a focus on devils. Is there something out there I’m missing? This isn’t happening right away so I have time to prepare. Thanks in advance for any information you provide!
Descent into Avernus is devil based. There where also a lot DMsGuild supplements that extended or revised the adventure. One hits all 9 layers

Remove ads