Had my first session in 2 years tonite!!

SSquirrel

Explorer
So my wife and I joined a friend from work's game tonite after our other friend's schedules being all wonky and no one really into the idea of gaming for the last 2 years. We tried some 4E right after it came out, but a couple of the people were trying tabletop RPGs for the first time and they decided it wasn't for them. So we joined an active L7 Dark Sun game, which also happened to be one of my favorite settings :)

My wife and I both work for the Veiled Alliance and we were tasked to infiltrate this new trading company, ie our group. They had been looking for more help for their expanding operation and we were a couple of the only ones to show up. So we have to make a trip from Balic to Tyr and on the trip we meet a band of Elven bandits. The battle begins and Initiative is rolled. I roll a mighty 12, being last except for a pair of Firehounds the Elves had. Stupid dice.

The whole group heads to the right to one half of the enemies who had cover behind some large clumps of cactus. Meanwhile 4 guys surround the lone Swordmage, 3 in front and one flanking directly behind me. I only took 9 damage from their charge attacks tho heh. I have the Earthshock Master feat, so not only can it knock people down, it does 1d8 damage and gets the Reliable keyword. I don't like this whole, being surrounded thing, so I Earthshock, knock all 4 guys down, shift 1 step, then use Dual Lightning Strike to hit one of the guys on the ground and teleport 7 squares to hit another enemy. One of those 2 hits was even a crit and I'm using a Falchion :)

Of course, most of the rest of my encounter powers and the sole daily I used during the long fight actually connected. I'll be riding high on that first turn for awhile tho. My wife and I are convinced that our dice are mad that they haven't been used in so long, so I decided tomorrow we'll make our old dice jealous and buy new dice to use. Maybe the old ones will start rolling better for us after that. Yeah, that'll show em :)

fba827

Adventurer
sounds like the dice are indeed rusty. i have a habit of buying a new (albeit small/basic) set of dice every time i join a new game group for that very reason! :D

in any case, regardless of the dice, it's always good to get back to gaming, right? :)

SSquirrel

Explorer
Oh definitely. We didn't accomplish much more tonite (luckily we only had to add magic items and print our characters before we could get going) as they had some bookkeeping from the last session to finish up first and our combat went way longer than usual b/c the DM didn't use any minions. Which he apparently loves to do usually. I still wish those 4 guys I had knocked prone had been minions so they would have died instead heh.

Dice have personalities! I put mine in timeout (i.e. dice bag) when they aren't behaving!

And welcome back to RP'ing! Hope this is the beginning of a long and epic campaign for you.

Remove ads