• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Price Books . . . your source for liquidated books!

Nyaricus

First Post
Damn, the closest store is kinda far away for me, being from Winnipeg, Canada and all :(

:\

Oh well, now I have a reason to save up 500 bucks and take a trip to the US :D:D

jeffh

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
Damn, the closest store is kinda far away for me, being from Winnipeg, Canada and all :(

:\

Oh well, now I have a reason to save up 500 bucks and take a trip to the US :D:D
If you're going to do that kind of shopping for gaming stuff, head for Minneapolis. They have a HPB and The Source, which is simply amazing. It's not that far from Winnipeg, though it's far enough that day tripping would be a bad idea.

(I lived in Winnipeg until August.)

frankthedm

First Post
Found the one on Touhy[higgins] in Niles near chicago.

(all books priced at $13/each).
Explorer's Handbook
Frostburn
Magic of Incarnum
Weapons of legacy
Races of Wild
Heroes of horror

I passed on
FR Lords of Ruin
FR Waterdeep
Five Nations
Goodman Games' Underdark book
DL Campaign setting [lots of copies]
Epic level handbook [$10]
a handfull of quintesential books
D20 The End
3.5 Basic box [black dragon [$10]
Easly cover red Basic booklet
Otis cover basic booklet

and a buncha other books

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
RFisher said:
Jeez! Don't go giving away the secrets! Now all the good stuff is going to be gone before I get to it!

(^_^)

In Austin, the HPB on South Lamar appears to be the best one. I've found three SW Dark Side Sourcebooks there over the last few years. Yay, eBay!

amuller33

Explorer
N lamar

Plenty at the North Lamar store in Austin. I got Races of Wild, Complete Arcane, Magic Incarnum, Stormwrack and both "Hero's" for $80. No bad considering list price for all that is $190. Plenty more there, DMG2 as well as Ebberon and FR stuff....

AJ

Torx

First Post
Apparently this is catching on. I just came back from HPB and they were nearly sold out of the good stuff. They maybe had one copy of each remaining (save the FR stuff), and plenty of spare room on the shelves. I of course contributed to making space for them. :)

Thanks for the heads up philreed!

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
For those not near a HPB just go to Amazon.com and check out the "used" button when you are searching for books. I was able to find a bookstore called Smokey Mountain Books that shipped me all of the following

Races of Destiny
Races of Stone
Races of the Wild
Frostburn
Stormwrack
Sandstorm? (the deserty book)
and the Eberron Campaign Setting

All new and including shipping it was $114 bucks.

Thats a lot of stuff!

DS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads