D&D 5E Halflings are the 7th most popular 5e race

If you allow me my comment, I dare to say D&D has got a special adventage. It can be played by members from different generations. Here itself there are parents telling they are playing with their own children.

And Hasbro's strategy, I have said several times, is D&D to become a multimedia franchise, to sell different products. Let's remember a webcomic about Drizzt's D'ourden's daughter is going to be published.

We shouldn't be too surprised if some videogame studio recycles a no-CRPG to a D&D no-CRPG, for example a colony-building game whose characters are halflings and gnomes, with a kid-friendly look.

And always there are players who want to choose a classic class-specie combo, to feel they are different. It is like the fashion waves. When everybody wears the same clothing style of certain urban tribe then it stops to be popular.

Some class or specie could be "forgotten" until this appeared in a fiction work. For example druids are more popular thanks the action-live movie. Now the D&D bards are meme machines. Elves were popular thanks Legolas in "Lord of the Rings" movies. Orcs are suffering a redesign caused by World of Warcraft.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Man y’all got too much cold air and wilderness…

Also why is a 24 case that pricey? How much is a 12er of craft?
Craft doesn't usually come in 12s, most often it's 6-packs; which round here start around $14 or so and go up from there.

For that matter, not much else comes in 12s anymore either; 15-packs are far more common now for the mass-market brews.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, now you're just being insulting, I assume intentionally so.
Not at all, no, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. Just pointing out that, sure, 12 year olds aren't dropping 4 figures on top of the line miniatures material...but that isn't the market where the game is most active.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Craft doesn't usually come in 12s, most often it's 6-packs; which round here start around $14 or so and go up from there.

For that matter, not much else comes in 12s anymore either; 15-packs are far more common now for the mass-market brews.
Around here, craft beers often have 12 and 24 packs, too, but California has a robust brewery scene, which may also keep prices down, compared to that...

We were talking about halflings, now about beer, and the dwarves now are very angry, because they are the masters of the beer and other drinks. Now the dwarves want a D&D videogame about building and managing a tabern. Of course halflings can be hired as cooks, and gnomes for music and entertaiment.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

Huh. Go to target or a grocery chain where I am and every high quality beer, including local brewers, are mostly in 12s or in pint or larger glass bottles.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Huh. Go to target or a grocery chain where I am and every high quality beer, including local brewers, are mostly in 12s or in pint or larger glass bottles.
Most Provinces in Canada have their own government-owned liquor stores where you must buy your alcohol, which tend to raise the prizes a lot. In Quebec, everything over 20% alcohol must be bought from the SAQ (Quebec's Society of Alcohol) and they also regulate most wine importations (you need to buy a private import permit from them, frex).

At least Canada produces A LOT of craft beers/strong drinks, so they tend to be almost the same price (even lower in some cases) as more industrial/large batch products.

So, in short, alcohol in Canada's pricey, but tend to be good quality.

Remove ads