D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

skullking

First Post
Healing Surge value. This should be 7 not 6 for clerics on the excel (DATA) sheet, all the other values are correct.

Keep up the good work :)

beej

Explorer
Kralin Thornberry said:
Since my excel-fu is puny and minor (or some would say non-existant), how do I access the hidden data sheets?

I'm seconding this query. Excel-fu is not a trained skill. :/

Halivar

First Post
Ah! I don't know how to do it in Excel (because I don't have Excel). In Oo_Org, you look in the menu under Format | Sheets | Show. You get a list of sheets to unhide.

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
Add my kudos to the list!

I really love the sheet, but have a bit of feedback.

Someone already caught the surge error for Clerics, but the weapons table is a bit odd.

Throwing Hammer appears first on line 74, showing as a :ranged: weapon but combined with all the :melee: weapons. It then appears again on line 94, among the :ranged: weapons. The version on 74 has no range value, while the version on 94 has a range value. Unfortunately, when entering a weapon via a drop-down, the Range formula under the weapon listing uses the first "Throwing Hammer" it finds, which is the one with no range value. As a result the range is 0. Is the version on line 74 supposed to be removed, or should it just have the 5/10 added to the range field?

Also, why are there blank lines separating the ranged from melee weapons? They are not two different tables, but by having so many blank lines I stopped looking for weapons when I encountered blank lines in the drop-down.

I understand your view on Feats as a general rule, but it would be nice if Jack of All Trades were incorporated into the skills table such that if the skill was not trained, you got the +2. But then I am lazy ;)

the_redbeard

Explorer
Dig the sheet!

What I like best about it is that it _doesn't_ have much space for powers. I intend to use power cards for the details.

What I'm looking for on the front of a sheet is stuff I need to mark and conditional modifiers.

What is missing from this one:
Ways to indicate which items I've used, and if I've used my Daily magic item power, and if I've gotten a milestone to use another Daily magic item power.

Thanks!

Hawke

Explorer
Any suggestions about how to modify this to allow for more power autocalculation? After playing a few sessions, I'd really love to. Even if I had to unhide the data sheet (in excel, right click a tab and do unhide, btw) and add more lines for specific powers manually.

I'm okay with excel usually, but I'm unfamiliar with how to add those drop-downs in Excel 2007 and how best to setup a searchable index... if it comes down to it, I might try my hand at my own sheet

Brain

First Post
After trying every 4e sheet that I could find, I prefer your Open Office version. Nicely done. I did modify it a bit to allow space for power descriptions.

Thanks for the sheet!

Wonka

First Post
Love the sheet, its fantastic! Got a few (minor) suggestions. I was rolling up a minotaur fighter and noticed no large weapons, easy enough to add in on the data sheet though I figure, so I just added Maul (Large) :D Same kind of deal for a rogue using a shuriken, rogues throw them as 1d6, not 1d4. Again, just added Shuriken(Rogue). However I realize I have no idea how to edit the formulas, as Im an excel/OO calc extreme novice, and im sure Im not the only one! So it might be worth adding a Size toggle? Again, just a very minor nitpick, its easy enough to fix by manully overriding the damage die. Also, have you considered distributing the file as a template? (.ots file) This way people wont accidentally save over the base file when making characters, I know ive done it more than once :D Only other thing I can think of is a power workspace for frequently used powers (at-wills mostly) with lables like the weapons have so you can load them in the basic attacks area. Ok thats al I have right now, i just wante to say thanks again to everyone involved, this is esaily my fave sheet now! More comments possibly when I have gotten the correct ammount of sleep!

Bagpuss

Legend
Surge Value:
Code:
=ROUNDDOWN(B52/4,0)

Surge Value should look for "Dragonborn" in the race field and add the Con Modifier. Something like....

Code:
=ROUNDDOWN(B52/4,0)+IF(B12="Dragonborn",R33,0)

Of course that relies on them getting the Race field spelt correctly.

Couldn't Race be added as a drop down box like Class?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases