D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

Brain

First Post
Surge Value should look for "Dragonborn" in the race field and add the Con Modifier. Something like....

Code:
=ROUNDDOWN(B52/4,0)+IF(B12="Dragonborn",R33,0)

Of course that relies on them getting the Race field spelt correctly.

Couldn't Race be added as a drop down box like Class?

That code didnt work for me. This works, though:

Code:
=IF(B12="Dragonborn";INT(R33+(B52/4));INT(B52/4))

I used the INT function rather than rounddown because we're only interested in integer values.

Arbanax

First Post
HI All

love using the sheet, just a couple of questions, firs to all can we get a low ink formatted version, black out boxes being put in clear solid line boxes for those of us who are feeling the credit crunch ;).

Second I noticed that when i was typing in some states the basic attack added in weapon prof and preferred weapon bonus to damage as well as attack. As far as I can determine damage on a basic attack should only be the Dex or Str Mod if applicable.

Just on format, there is less space for at will than Encounter and daily can this be changed some characters have more at will and trying to type on the different powers in such a small space is not easy.

Great work, oh someone mentioned optimizing the sheet for letter, when i go to print that is how it is, but I think they were saying it was already optimized for A4 any chance us Europhiles can have it in A4 as it is there is a lot stuff on here and anything that can be printed up is a great thing.

Otherwise the best sheet I have seen (and I've been through pretty much them all) hands down so far, thanks a lot/

Ab

Hawke

Explorer
If you update this sheet anytime in the future, I'd love an update that had both front & back in a single tab so I can double sided print it with a quick click. Thanks so much for the hard work... really enjoying the sheet.

jlac

First Post
Great character sheet...thanks for the hard work! I created a Dragonborn Fighter with an 18 Strength, and I equipped him with a Battleaxe and Dagger (not Thrown Dagger). On page one under Basic Attacks, the Battleaxe is showing 1d10+4 damage and the Dagger is showing 1d4+2 damage. Shouldn't it show 1d4+4 damage (Using my Strength bonus of +4)? Thanks!

thsmalley

First Post
Max HP value?

First I would like to say thank you for putting this all together, I can tell a lot of time and effort when in to this and it is really appreciated!! However, I do have a question about the Max HP field. By default, the Char sheet is fo a 1st level Cleric with all 10s for abilities, according to the sheet this would give that character a max HP of 22. That doesn't seem right to me, if I read the PHB a Cleric would have 12 + Con mod at 1st, or 12 HP with a Con of 10. Am I missing something (entirely possible!), forgive me if this has already been discussed, I started reading all of the threads but then gave up. :erm:

The formula for the field is "=DATA!B34+C33+(AH9-1)*DATA!C34+U55". The Con field is a merge of C33 and C34 (along with D, E and F), I am not an Excel wizard, but it seems to be pulling info from the same field twice...? As I say, I could be mising something really simple, if so please enlighten me.

Thanks!!

thsmalley

First Post
I'm seconding this query. Excel-fu is not a trained skill. :/

To Unhide tabs in Excel, right click on one of the current Tabs. This will bring up a pop up menu, one of the choices will be to Unhide items and you can choose the sheets you want to show.

Brain

First Post
if I read the PHB a Cleric would have 12 + Con mod at 1st, or 12 HP with a Con of 10. Am I missing something (entirely possible!), forgive me if this has already been discussed, I started reading all of the threads but then gave up. :erm:

All characters get their con score, not mod to hp at first level. re-check your phb

To Unhide tabs in Excel, right click on one of the current Tabs. This will bring up a pop up menu, one of the choices will be to Unhide items and you can choose the sheets you want to show.

This instruction above doesn't work on my version. (97)

however, the same thing can be achieved with format/sheet/unhide.

==============================================

There is some excel-ent work here. Many thanks for all the hard work.

Having a drop down list for races*, and an auto-fill for racial abilites would be good....as would a picksheet for class powers.

Having the power discriptions isn't as important to me though, I'll be using cards.

(edit: * Realised that this wasn't done because the Stat line would need to be self-editting. To get around this try adding another tab "Pick sheet" before the actual sheet to allow for inital choices (Race, level, Class., Feats, Powers etc. This will allow for an easy stat adjustment on the main sheet without ruining the basic format). You would then only edit the stats from the "Pick Sheet".)

Last edited:

I've made some of the adjustments I suggested above...

A "pick sheet" now allows the auto-inclusion of racial stat modifiers, (picking) of level stat increases, and tier stat increases.

Also a formula to calculate "points buy".

Currently, doing the same sort of thing to create drop down lists for selecting skills, feats (dependant upon on class/qualifying stats) and powers.

Not sure if Halivar's was working on this type of modification...but I'm quite lazy and like not having to refer to books when I'm pregenerating bunches of characters quickly.

Last edited:

Remove ads