• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halloween: Love it or hate it?

What's your opinion on Halloween?

• Love it!

Votes: 186 63.7%
  • Hate it?

Votes: 35 12.0%
  • I think I'll sit on the fence.

Votes: 71 24.3%

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Halloween used to be more fun when I was a kid, but right now, I really don't care about it. I basically don't even treat it as a holiday. Haven't even said Happy Halloween to anyone today, and it's almost over. *shrug*

I just like having the kids freak out. The area I'm in doesn't get many trick or treaters (maybe 4 or 5) so I buy a half dozen King Size snickers to give out, and then a bag of the bite sizers for after that... if I get any.

The reactions on the kids' faces when they see that they got a king size candy bar is what make the holiday for me. ;)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Halloween is the best holiday for renting slasher flicks, throwing some jiffy pop on the stove, and ignoring your doorbell. I love all three, so Halloween works out well for me :)

Aeric

Explorer
I love the concept of Halloween, and I have some really fond memories of trick-or-treating as a kid, but nobody in my neighborhood decorates or does anything for it, and we're lucky to get more than one knock all night. Everybody's scared to let their kids trick-or-treat, and that really depresses me; for the sake of all those kids who won't get to experience the cool stuff I did, and for me, who won't get to do all the cool stuff for the kids that I dreamed for years of doing. :(

But despite all that, it remains my favorite holiday.

ThirdWizard

First Post
It's an excuse to dress up and go out an party! At least it was in college when I wasn't living in the middle of nowhere. Who says Halloween is just for kids? When a grown man can dress up as the invisible man and hit on girls who can't even see his face, there is rightness with the world.

Uller

Adventurer
Halloween is a big to do in my neighborhood. People decorate their houses with all kinds of crazy stuff. Last night one house had their teen-age son dressed up like a ghoul and jumping around on the roof and screaming at the trick-or-treaters and all the rest of the family pretending to be dead on the front porch...either that or maybe I should have called the police...well...no matter, my kids thought it was cool. Other houses had lights and sounds and one even had a fog machine.

It is the one time of the year that we can go around and talk to our neighbors without people thinking we're crazy or nosy. It has become a tradition with us for a few families to invite us in and talk about what everyone's been up to for the last year and so forth.

Remove ads