• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Handy Haversack in Antimagic Field

Sejs

First Post
The extradimentional storage space the items normally access it unavailable while in an antimagic field. You open the bag or whatnot, and it's just got its normal (mundane) bagly internal storage capacity. Anything stored in the extradimentional space would be unaccessable until the container is taken out of the antimagic field.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
I'm not sure if it's official, but I'd rule that the extradimensional space still exists but can't be accessed as long as the bag (or whatever) is in the AM field. Once you get out, you can use it again.

Thanee

First Post
I think this is answered in the bag of holding description or in the antimagic field description in the DMG.

As above, you only lose access, while the items power is suppressed.

Bye
Thanee

Anubis

First Post
Here's a better question:

What if you put something in the normal bag space while in the Anti-Magic Field? What happens when you leave and the bag accessed extradimensional space again?

drunkmoogle

First Post
Anubis said:
Here's a better question:

What if you put something in the normal bag space while in the Anti-Magic Field? What happens when you leave and the bag accessed extradimensional space again?

Hmmm...

BBEG opens a bag of holding in an AMF, puts a portable hole in it, tosses it to the group of players just outside the AMF...

I think I have a new plot hook :] .

drunkmoogle

First Post
Anubis said:
Why is that impossible?

To achieve the results I want, I must put the bag in the hole, which I cannot do in an AMF. Merely putting the hole in the bag just opens up a gate to the astral plane.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads