Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
SFH was a pretty nifty show. I hated how Hawk was the sidekick. But I like how he joined Starfleet and became one of their most important commanding officers.
My mom had to tell me he was Hawk on the show. I remember it but Robert Urich was the only one I really remembered. I was impressed with him on DS9.
I remember seeing Avery Brooks at Dragoncon. They were doing the Q&A like it was a late night talk show. He acted like he didn't want to be there, and the host had a hard time getting him to talk. Michael Dorn was much more forthcoming.

Netflix has a movie called Spenser Confidential. It appears to be based on Spenser for Hire. His sidekick is a man named Hawk.

Edit: It's a pretty good movie. Mark Walberg at his action comedy best.
SFH was a pretty nifty show. I hated how Hawk was the sidekick. But I like how he joined Starfleet and became one of their most important commanding officers.
yeah Brooks kept his shaved head from his role as Hawk,when he went back to DS9 for season four along with growing a goatee

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Amazon has a series called Upload where people are uploaded to a virtual life after death. In one scene a woman asked her partner if he had protection. They both pull out these packets that had cameras that they place on themselves, then say into their partner's camera "I consent to this". I've heard people talk about getting someone on camera or sign something to that effect. It's scary to think that that's the kind of protection one needs.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Amazon has a series called Upload where people are uploaded to a virtual life after death. In one scene a woman asked her partner if he had protection. They both pull out these packets that had cameras that they place on themselves, then say into their partner's camera "I consent to this". I've heard people talk about getting someone on camera or sign something to that effect. It's scary to think that that's the kind of protection one needs.

Are you refering to consent for uploading or for other things like sex?

Ulfgeir

Hero
Sex. I can see the confusion. Sorry.

That was what I thought it was. Well, here in Sweden we have a consent-law now, so you can actually be charged with rape or negligent rape even if no threats or violence were involved. One celebrity just got arrested for having sex with a prostitute (selling sex is legal, but not to buy it or to profit from the sale - i.e. pimps). He kind of admitted negligent rape, as he did say in an interview that the prostitute probably wasn't there voluntarily. And that's a crime that can give up to 4 years in prison. So his defence-lawyer will be buzy.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A problem with video or written consent is it can be coerced. That's all the victim has to claim.

So it's legal to sell but not buy? The prostitute doesn't get arrested but the client does? What's the difference?

Ulfgeir

Hero
So it's legal to sell but not buy? The prostitute doesn't get arrested but the client does? What's the difference?

It is supposedly to protect the prostitutes. That way they will have more incentives to testify against any traffickers, pimps or johns that abuse them.

Remove ads