Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Key members of the administration have gone on the record to say they do not support the idea that now is the time to invoke the Insurrection Act.

All the living former presidents have spoken up against him on this.

A lot of high-ranking retired military have spoken up against him on this- some expressing a similar concern in similar language to how you just did.

Several notable active duty military- including some of the highest ranking NCOs in each branch- have chimed in about how individual soldiers have a duty to uphold the Constitution and the right AND duty to disobey unlawful orders...in writing.

Foreign leaders have gone on record about our curr state of unrest, bot enemies and allies.

Even on Fox, they’re running interviews of some of the above people who do not support him on this.

These are unprecedented actions, unprecedented times.

What I see is that there is enough pushback to make a collapse of our country extremely unlikely.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Thank you. I hesitated to post that. I found myself preparing for bed with all of that on my mind. Things are so chaotic. We still have a virus killing thousands of people. I wondered what I might wake up to. It impacted my sleep and my dreams. This is the first time in a long time I started to worry about the future and how that future could be tomorrow and not just some far distant time. I found myself thinking of acquiring a gun, but I don't know who I would need to protect myself from. The lines between who the bad guys are continue to blur.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Using a gun is simultaneously very easy and very difficult.

Like any machine, they require maintenance to function properly. And they’re designed to be easy to use...as long as you remember to take the safety off. Just point and squeeze.

But to actually use one requires you to be in the right mindset- you HAVE to be willing to use it if you pull it in someone, otherwise, it’s just a really expensive prop. There’s also the issue of practice. Depending on the gun, recoil and noise can be minimal to shocking. If you’re not trained to deal with your weapon, it could drastically affect its efficacy. Plus, training is something you need to refresh as well. You have to maintain your skills just like you have to maintain your weapon.
And of course, they’re not toys, and each state has rules about how and where they can be carried, or how to legally store them.

...all of which is why I don’t own a gun.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
But...but..but....I thought people moving into Texas or born there were issued guns day one. Those visiting are loaned guns. Those passing through are shown a gun and encouraged to pass through quickly.

I've fired a 9mm hand gun, an AR15, a 22 rifle and a shotgun at various nonliving targets at various times in my life. I've had varying viewpoints on gun ownership at different times in my life. For the longest time the viewpoint was it's an unnecessary expense.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My understandably high anxiety seems to have killed the thread. :(

New topic:

I heard on a podcast the thought that conspiracy theory believers believe them because it's hard for them to believe the reality. They can't handle the reality of a man walking into an elementary school and killing a bunch of kids and staff so they believe it's fake. Buffy The Vampire Slayer used something similar to explain why no one seemed to notice all the monsters and dead people in town.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Followed a banner ad to this Kickstarter. Legendlore RPG Setting for 5th Edition Fantasy Roleplaying

Found this piece of artwork. Thought it was interesting. Anyone see disabled character art in other books?

ac82be4a26063c6d00e8531ccc4ae815_original.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My understandably high anxiety seems to have killed the thread. :(

New topic:

I heard on a podcast the thought that conspiracy theory believers believe them because it's hard for them to believe the reality. They can't handle the reality of a man walking into an elementary school and killing a bunch of kids and staff so they believe it's fake. Buffy The Vampire Slayer used something similar to explain why no one seemed to notice all the monsters and dead people in town.
A lot of this, yes.

Another big part is a disbelief in the news sources, whether created by intentional manipulation or organically come to themselves.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'd be interested in the back story for both the idea for the wheelchair character, and the character herself.

Remove ads