Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Heard few days ago that a couple got banned from Walmart for wearing. I don't understand why people would do such a thing.
The couple with the Nazi flag facemasks? Not something found in most homes. Gave a salute or two as well.

And they do it because they can.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
They said they were doing it as a protest against the masks calling the Governor a Nazi.

And the show was The Golden Girls. It was just mud masks. An episode of Community was pulled also when a character was LARPING as a Drow and was jet black all over. I heard about the D&D episode but never watched it. I guess now I'll never get the chance.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
They said they were doing it as a protest against the masks calling the Governor a Nazi.

And the show was The Golden Girls. It was just mud masks. An episode of Community was pulled also when a character was LARPING as a Drow and was jet black all over. I heard about the D&D episode but never watched it. I guess now I'll never get the chance.

Yeah, I'd heard that it was supposed to be a protest, but if actually true, they went about it completely the wrong way. It feels more like they were trying to limit their hate against them more than they were actually protesting.

Golden Girls! That was the name of the show. I kept thinking Three's Company, but I KNEW that was wrong! Cause I was like, no they were older, but that was before my time, so couldn't remember the shows that well.

Although I did just watch a bunch of Night Court. Started the final season, but stopped after like episode 2. At the end of season 8 when Stone and Sullivan finally seem like they're going to get together and then beginning of season 9 they're like "let's just be friends" sort of ruined it for me. Like 4 seasons of teasing, wanting there to be something, it finally happens and then they're like "naw" just apparently pissed me off. Though I read online that the series ended kind of lamely and apparently 30 Rock tries to create some sort of appropriate finale with Stone and Sullivan getting married or something, but sort of fell flat.

I think that's why I liked the tv show Brooklyn 99. Peralta and Santiago were teased, but then they actually got together and though they had troubles, they stayed together, eventually got married and now have a kid. Which is probably one of the reasons Friends annoyed me. I think I liked the relationship between Monica and Chandler better than that of Ross and Rachel.

Maybe I'm just a weird romantic, always hoping for the happy love story.

Anyway, enough meandering thoughts for tonight!

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I remember watching Golden Girls and Night Court when they are still new. I loved Night Court. Harry Anderson passed away. I'd like to see a reboot but no Judge Stone.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My banana peppers are finally coming in.
20200801_085835.jpg

I remember watching Golden Girls

I've seen a number of random episodes and it can be funny at times.....like the different explanations Sophia has regarding the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre "I was at the movies ALL day" " I was at A Saint Valentine's Day Massacre" "Picture it Sicily 1912...." "Shady pines ma..."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
More than a couple of virologists & epidemiologists have suggested over the months that the reason for the low numbers of C19 cases in kids is the fact that schools have been closed, effectively quarantining them. Kids, they posited, are known to be significant disease vectors, and gathering them together like the pre-pandemic days would be a recipe for more outbreaks,

Welp, incidents like the one you posted have been popping up in schools here and around the world. Their warnings are being borne out.

Hell, MLB is on the verge of shutting down again due to C19 infections, and they were spending millions to protect a few hundred people.

so, i got pc build simulator and here's the pc I built

EVGA Z270 FTW K motherboard
Intel Celeron G3950 cpu
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3866 MHz
dYclv1.png

dYccYP.png

It was for a achievement named "Stop it"

more of the achievements or at least the ones that deal directly with building a pc:

But can it run Crysis?
Build a PC with parts costing more than $10k and have it boot to desktop.

If you fail the first time...
BSOD a computer 10 times from overclocking.

1920x1080
Install a Threadripper 1920x and a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080ti.

Overvolted
Break your CPU.

The Best of Both Worlds
Pair an AMD CPU with a NVIDIA GPU

Going loopy
Create a watercooling loop with 5 or more radiators.

You need to plug it in…
Try to use the monitor without plugging in the PC

Easy to forget
Forget to apply thermal paste to the CPU.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
More than a couple of virologists & epidemiologists have suggested over the months that the reason for the low numbers of C19 cases in kids is the fact that schools have been closed, effectively quarantining them. Kids, they posited, are known to be significant disease vectors, and gathering them together like the pre-pandemic days would be a recipe for more outbreaks,

Welp, incidents like the one you posted have been popping up in schools here and around the world. Their warnings are being borne out.

Hell, MLB is on the verge of shutting down again due to C19 infections, and they were spending millions to protect a few hundred people.
Yeah I was just talking about the MLB. Youth sports has restarted in the area. High school football will be starting in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a shite show but they have to have their football. They can't even protect the pros, how do local schools think they'll protect children?

I know people want to go back to normal, but there may be no normal to go back to. We can only move forward adjusting as we go along.

Last edited:

Remove ads