Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Right now, we still haven’t gotten past the supply-gathering stage for mask making- we’re still fussing over design features.

So we’re still making do with disposables. I can definitely tell the differences in manufacturing quality between types- one box we’ve decided are for emergency use only, they’re so bad. A different set I’ve set aside for Mom, who is both the most vulnerable and most scared of the people in the household.

My folks have been given or bought a few different models of cloth masks, ALSO with varying results. Some were too small vertically to stay in place on my face. Another fit my Mom too snugly behind the ears. Others didn’t have a pouch for filter inserts. Still others were over decorated...until the decorations started falling off.

Regardless of type, some of you might benefit from silicone mask brackets:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Right now, we still haven’t gotten past the supply-gathering stage for mask making- we’re still fussing over design features.

So we’re still making do with disposables. I can definitely tell the differences in manufacturing quality between types- one box we’ve decided are for emergency use only, they’re so bad. A different set I’ve set aside for Mom, who is both the most vulnerable and most scared of the people in the household.

My folks have been given or bought a few different models of cloth masks, ALSO with varying results. Some were too small vertically to stay in place on my face. Another fit my Mom too snugly behind the ears. Others didn’t have a pouch for filter inserts. Still others were over decorated...until the decorations started falling off.

Regardless of type, some of you might benefit from silicone mask brackets:

It's surprisingly difficult trying to buy face masks too without being able to try them on beforehand (which I know probably wouldn't be the best option considering WHY we're buying them in the first place) and looking at reviews online doesn't help at all because every product ranges from "Perfect" to "Doesn't fit/work". If every product has reviews ranging from terrible to perfect, almost feels like reviews are pointless. I know, they're not completely, but sucks when you think you find one that should be perfect but ends up being terrible because you happened to be in that 10% of the reviews who find it terrible instead of the 90% who find it worked perfectly.

Tuesday I almost made a scene at our local Wally World ( Wal-mart ). A lot of people ignoring the directional signs in the store. One woman was proudly going on to her boyfriend how she will not wear a mask and she dares the employees to try to make her wear one (which she had in her hand) To top it off she parked her cart so no one could go by. After three us us were waiting she finally pulled the cart so that a three foot space was created.

Then as I checking out she was in the next lane over giving the cashier grief trying to make a deal about the mask.

Sad world. The virus is bringing out the real personalities.

If I remember it right.... the Kansas federal building explosion in the 90's was done with the same stuff- only two tons of it.

over 250 tons were in this warehouse. The explosion was impressive. The mushroom cloud formed inside of 10 seconds and was taller than the sky scrappers nearby. Amazed only 125 people died.

OKC, I think someone forgot to poke holes in the potato they were microwaving and it's a cover up lol or it's what happens when you forget the thermal paste

Remove ads