• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I thought that was a Trump mistake. I swear he got the number of states wrong recently. Maybe I'm wrong.

People going off script will on occasion get some facts wrong. Like the length of his wall changing from speech to speech. Biden also has problems when off script. A debate will be a train wreck. lol
Biden well knows the taste of his toes!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I read recently about a brewpub that started serving pizza with their beer as part of the dough making process. The owner said the beer replaces 50% ( or 100% if you want) of the liquid used. I'd like to try it. I started wondering if biscuits could be made the same way. I think it would be a tasty biscuit. I remember thinking as a kid Pizza Hut pizza had a beer like taste. Maybe it'll be similar to that. I miss the old eat in restaurants. Their pizza went south after they changed.
I was watching some cooking show where they used beer instead of water in some kind of baked product. The flavor and carbonation were apparently a plus!

using beer in bread products that use yeast is not uncommon, like pizza crust. However, biscuits do not use yeast, they use either baking powder or baking soda to rise. Can't remember which.

been busy at work. hurtin bad right now.

@Knightfall and all of the HIVE:

Pictures taken with a Nikon D3500 DSLR with a 40 mm Nikkor Macro lens

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
You're right biscuits don't use yeast. I just thought about a beery biscuit n gravy. I guess it would be rolls n gravy.

Aeson

Dr. Pepper has become a victim of COVID-19. I need to hoard what I can find. I can hear my grandmother fainting in her grave. It's the only thing she drank. Of the sodas it's my favorite, but I drink other things.

Re: big boom in Beruit [sp?]
Ammonia Nitrate is an oxidizer. When diesal fuel has a detonator in it we have a boom, but add an oxidizer, such as a nitrate or high purity peroxide, and you get a WAHKAHBOOM instead.

Aeson

I've been thinking of introducing a reoccurring NPC (if I ever get back to gaming). The NPC is a Trump analog. He'll be a prisoner in any jail or prison the PCs may find themselves in. He has a name now; Agolf Twitler.

I used to have an innkeeper that thought everything is FABULOUS!!! since such a character may be "problematic", he may have to retire. Everywhere the PCs went there was an inn that was pink and plush. There was a beefcake house boy that handled stuff there.

Aeson

Re: big boom in Beruit [sp?]
Ammonia Nitrate is an oxidizer. When diesal fuel has a detonator in it we have a boom, but add an oxidizer, such as a nitrate or high purity peroxide, and you get a WAHKAHBOOM instead.
I feel for those killed and their survivors, yet that explosion may be the most amazing thing I've seen.
The shear size of the shock wave and the smoke cloud.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to have an innkeeper that thought everything is FABULOUS!!! since such a character may be "problematic", he may have to retire. Everywhere the PCs went there was an inn that was pink and plush. There was a beefcake house boy that handled stuff there.

Maybe rework the innkeeper along the lines of Pree from Killjoys:

And for a FRPG campaign, make him an anthro- or werebear.

Remove ads