Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
There are still places around here without power. I can't believe it. I'm also still seeing power lines and trees down. Some folks are going on 3 days without power.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I've had this set for years. Wanted to share. I think it's really cool.

Attachments

• 20201031_161802.jpg
    20201031_161802.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 82

There are still places around here without power. I can't believe it. I'm also still seeing power lines and trees down. Some folks are going on 3 days without power.
Back in 1987 we had an ice storm in Vermont. We went without power for over a week. The outlying more rural towns went two weeks.

The ONLY time I enjoyed using the High School showers

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I get that in the county I live in. Mentally it's people are slightly above stone age. The infrastructure is barely out of the dark ages. Where I'm talking about is a sorta affluentish area. A Northern suburb of a major metropolitan city. People with the kind of money and pushiness to get people hopping.

My mom said the Walmart she's working at is getting slammed because the two next closest Walmarts don't have power. One is close to me. They had power when I was in the area around 6am. I wonder what happened since then.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I've had this set for years. Wanted to share. I think it's really cool.
JEALOUS!

I had a set of Reapers painted as a chess set to give to my Dad. I selected and bought the minis myself, then hired a talented local to do the paint job.

The finished results were first rate and I paid her fee...but one of the bishops (a cleric mini) broke at some point before delivery, and the artist didn’t realize it. I pointed it out, and she agreed to redo the broken piece with a new mini. But we had trouble finding another mini like it for some reason, and it was tough finding another Reaper cleric that really fit the overall visuals for that color.

After a longish search, though, we succeeded in finding the right mini!

But before I could get it to her, she moved away and left no contact info. Never could find anyone willing to mimic her work on the set to replace the damaged piece. And I don’t have the skills & tools to do it myself.

So, 20+ years later, I still have the “incomplete” set and the unpainted bishop replacement. Never gave Dad the set.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'd be jealous of your set if you could have gotten it completed. It's funny you brought it up because...

I thought about going through my prepainted minis and seeing if I had enough to put together to make a set. I don't think I have enough to do it, but the thought was to try to make the black pieces drow. Driders as knights, ettercaps as pawns? Finding a king would be hard. Drizzt almost would have to be it.

The white pieces might be a mix of standard PC races.

Hmmmmm.... If were to create and paint a themed chess set.......

Clerics + Paladins vs Undead

Warriors vs Monsterous Humanoids

Mix of classes vs Dragons

Marvel heroes vs DC heroes (switch in sets of villains also)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I’ve occasionally thought about making a chess set of Space Marines vs Chaos Space Marines. Regular Tacticals for Pawns, Assaults for Knights, Psykers for Bishops, Terminators for Rooks and some characters for Kings and Queens

Remove ads