• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Meet my new roommate Hairy and his friends. He's already taken over MY chair and remote.

20201102_143545.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
Go home, weather, you're drunk...

Last week was all mid-50's F, except for Friday, where it never got above 46 and steadily dropped as the day went on. Low was 31, and we got snow for the first time this year. It rained most of the weekend, and the temps held around the low-to-mid-40's. Today the high was 43, but instead of snow or rain we got high winds that blew my plastic trash can halfway down the street, and left the big blue recycling can lying on the grass at the end of my driveway.
Tomorrow they're calling for 46 and Wednesday for 57.
By Friday it's supposed to hit 68... :rolleyes:

Apparently Mother Nature is rolling percentile dice to determine the daily temperature. And probably rolling on random weather charts from the back of the 1st Ed. DMG...

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
It's been windy here too. Made me worry another storm was coming. Looks like we have a high pressure system camped out over us so it's cold but clear. Driving around this afternoon it was in the 50s I had my sun roof open.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I never thought to ask my parents or grandparents about that time. I'm running out of time to do so. And running out of people to ask. They spent their entire lives in the south (SC,GA and TX) In rural areas. Their lives were not dissimilar from blacks in some ways, but I realize in other ways very different. I wonder if I ask my mom or my aunt that question if I would get a similar answer. My aunt is the older of the two. She and my mom are the oldest o the six. They may have better memories.
Man, if you have access to someone who knows stuff about earlier aspects of your family, work them!

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, we got assigned assembling a family history as a project. And I had a lot of great uncles & great aunts- and a great-grandmother- to talk to. Sorting the history from the tall tales takes some doing, of course, and I’m not claiming I succeeded 100% of the time.

But if even HALF of what I was told is true, there were some fun things I learned.

Man, if you have access to someone who knows stuff about earlier aspects of your family, work them!

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, we got assigned assembling a family history as a project. And I had a lot of great uncles & great aunts- and a great-grandmother- to talk to. Sorting the history from the tall tales takes some doing, of course, and I’m not claiming I succeeded 100% of the time.

But if even HALF of what I was told is true, there were some fun things I learned.
My Ancestors dumped tea before it was cool Gaspee Affair - Wikipedia

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Here’s a scary one: I found out from a totally random encounter with a Hatian woman that my actual- and somewhat unusual- surname was shared with the uncle of the person I was talking to. He was a high-ranking member of the Tonton Makout...which is why she moved to the USA.

That means possible outcomes for me taking a trip to Haiti include a higher probability of getting kidnapped or killed, either by revenge seekers or by those who think I’m closely related to said person getting angry when they find out I’m (probably) not. Because that’s kind of like taking a trip to Germany if you’re last name is Mengele.

IOW, I have crossed that vacation possibility RIGHT off my list.

Remove ads