Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Preach it, Brother! The two Pretender movies had over three hours to wrap up the storyline and/or at least resolve a bunch of dangling plot ends and/or explain some pivotal origin stuff that never quite got revealed.
Instead they ended up both being just double-sized episodes that went screaming all over the place starting a bunch MORE stuff that never got resolved... :mad: <gnashes teeth>

So many good series I could rattle off that got suddenly cancelled right in the middle of important storylines...
Yay, someone else who has actually seen that show! Only one of my friends has ever seen that show and I don't think I've met anyone else who has ever heard of it. Every once in a while, that show makes it into one of our gaming sessions. "Are you a bard?" "I am today."

Like... I've watched Brooklyn 99 and I really like that show. But none of my friends have watched the show. Someone will say something and I'll be like "Title of your sex tape" and everyone will just look at me funny and I'll be sad.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Why reopen an old wound? 😢 I had such hopes. Fox could never support quality scifi or fantasy. (Looking at you Kindred: The Embraced ; much love to ya.) I keep hoping a reboot would come along or another show like it. BSG got my hopes up again. Then it became too soapy.
Yeah, BSG was a weird mixture of awesome and terrible. I haven't rewatched it only because so many episodes were terrible and not worth rewatching, but I keep thinking about it because there were certain episodes that were just so freaking awesome. I think similar about GoT. I keep wanting to, but then I think about how it ends and then I'm like "ehhhh..."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Speaking of, I’m thinking about adding a Cult of the King in Yellow in my FR campaign. They themselves believe they are a particularly devout sect of Ilmater worshipers, inflicting all manner of self mutilation, but their leader actually uses that to appease the King.
I approve. I'm a big fan of the lovecraft genre even though I've actually read very few of those books. One session of Call of Cthulhu when I was younger brought that world to my eyes, but it wasn't until the boardgame Arkham Horror that that I really started digging deeper into the lore. I have a couple of boardgames in mind with that genre, a novel I've started writing that is basically a cross between Shadowrun and Call of Cthulhu, and my homebrew world has parts influenced by that genre.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Yay, someone else who has actually seen that show! Only one of my friends has ever seen that show and I don't think I've met anyone else who has ever heard of it. Every once in a while, that show makes it into one of our gaming sessions. "Are you a bard?" "I am today."
Used to watch "The Pretender" on TV. Never knew there were movies as well. The ending of the TV-show was weird if I recall correctly.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I approve. I'm a big fan of the lovecraft genre even though I've actually read very few of those books. One session of Call of Cthulhu when I was younger brought that world to my eyes, but it wasn't until the boardgame Arkham Horror that that I really started digging deeper into the lore. I have a couple of boardgames in mind with that genre, a novel I've started writing that is basically a cross between Shadowrun and Call of Cthulhu, and my homebrew world has parts influenced by that genre.
I have very little knowledge of Mythos either, but the themes fascinate me. I’m much more versed in Clive Barker’s lore, and will be combining those. So the Cult will have self mutilation alike Cenobites, all in the name of taking pain away from the world onto themselves, but the leader will offer all that as a sacrifice to Hastur, who derives pleasure from creative self harm... It’ll be a bit dark, and I’ll have to tread carefully as I know one of my players might find it too much, but I’m certain I can keep the balance between horror and pg-rating. Oh, and one PC is a devout Ilmateri themself, so I’ll try to confuse him into seeing the ”logic” behind this sect’s practises, and then find out how they are being manipulated.

Remove ads