Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I am aware of The John Birch Society. Thanks, but no thanks. I am so much their opposite. It'd be like matter/antimatter. I'm more likely to hunt them down and end them.....in Minecraft.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Used to watch "The Pretender" on TV. Never knew there were movies as well. The ending of the TV-show was weird if I recall correctly.
The show itself was on NBC, iirc. It was cancelled after the 4th season. No idea when it was announced, but clearly the show was being written as if there was going to be at least a 5th season. TNT picked it up for the 2 movies. And for some reason, they wrote the movies as if the show was going to continue forever, but then there were no more after the 2nd one. I think the movies were okay, but again, should have just wrapped things up, epic 2 (or 4) hour series finale, but they failed completely and because of that, you didn't really miss much by not watching the movies.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I have very little knowledge of Mythos either, but the themes fascinate me. I’m much more versed in Clive Barker’s lore, and will be combining those. So the Cult will have self mutilation alike Cenobites, all in the name of taking pain away from the world onto themselves, but the leader will offer all that as a sacrifice to Hastur, who derives pleasure from creative self harm... It’ll be a bit dark, and I’ll have to tread carefully as I know one of my players might find it too much, but I’m certain I can keep the balance between horror and pg-rating. Oh, and one PC is a devout Ilmateri themself, so I’ll try to confuse him into seeing the ”logic” behind this sect’s practises, and then find out how they are being manipulated.
I admit, there's so much of the mythos I don't know as well. I used to read Clive Barker. Like YEARS ago. Like more than 20 (so early-mid teens). Read a bunch of them and then sort of drifted away from the horror genre. Think I got more into the fantasy genre. Heh, I bet I could reread all of those and have no idea what is going to happen! Maybe I'll look into that...

Remove ads