• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Iron Mask is a mix of gothic fantasy, Chinese fantasy, and steampunk. It's primarily a Russian and Chinese production. Hell, the producer and distributor stuff at the beginning took 2 minutes.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Iron Mask is a mix of gothic fantasy, Chinese fantasy, and steampunk. It's primarily a Russian and Chinese production. Hell, the producer and distributor stuff at the beginning took 2 minutes.
A what in the where now? A movie? Is it based on the Alexandre Dumas book (which took the concept from real life) or is it something that just shares the name?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
It's on Hulu here in the US. Not sure where you can find it.

The odd part is, the mask has little to do with the story. It's also called Journey to China, which is a more accurate title.
Yeah, that seems like a better title. I watched the movie. I honestly don't really remember too much about the movie, but I did watch it. I feel like removing the mask entirely from the movie wouldn't change much at all.

I feel like it's worth watching. Nothing TOO spectacular, but it definitely had a few enjoyable moments.

Then again, I feel like most movies ARE like that. Decent movie, few neat things, but generally unmemorable. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. Can't remember the last movie I thought was enjoyable enough that made me think "Yeah, I definitely want to watch that again".

Aeson

I would have liked to explore that world's Transylvania. And the Cossacks that turned into monsters at night.
They stole an idea from me. I was inspired by Hotel California. A roadside inn populated by demonic creatures. When the sun sets all Hell breaks loose. The PCs have to find a way out.

Arnold's facial hair might make the movie memorable. lol I did enjoy him in that role.
I found myself thinking how odd all these visuals are in the beginning, but quickly changed to thinking of it as a RPG setting and all the strange things we see and do. This could have easily have been a D&D movie with little tweaks.

Aeson

Humble Bundle is offering a bundle of ebooks to help you increase your ranks in Knowledge: Survival

But they're ebooks, if you're in a situation where you might need the books you might not have access to them. Just a thought that ran through my head.

Remove ads