Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
how has every one been doing?
Doing well enough. Everyone in the house is vaccinated.

The only problem we’re really having is that a bunch of stuff we’ve needed to repair or replace for some time has gotten to the point that we have to actually take action.

IOW, 2020 reduced houshold income, 2021 is raising household expenses.

But to be honest, it’s really just a matter of having everything hit at the same time, which means money is tight. But that’s a temporary issue, and one we’ll weather. A lot of people would KILL to trade our problems for theirs,

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The higher rent due to upgrading or the rental market, both? I want to try to buy in the near future. Existing home prices are skyrocketing. One of the main factors is investors buying up inventory. They then charge insane prices because they know they can.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I have to call BS on this only because they refer to Jack Black as a comedy genius. Clearly, the one that wrote this is living in some bizarro alternate universe.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I've been watching Shameless on Netflix. I'm at the end of season 2. Showtime just ended the show with 11 seasons. I've really enjoyed the show. Jody played by Zach McGowan has been a real stand out in my opinion. I normally see him as some tough guy in some scifi show. Jody has been a real change for him.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Someday my curiosity may well actually get me killed.

Most likely in self-defense by my wallet, lol.

Just rewatched the first season of Copper (great show about an Irish police detective in NYC in 1864) and decided to see if they'd made a second one. Turns out there's not only a second season of Copper, but also a second season of Underground (another great show,about escaped slaves, which I also own the first season of) and I also discovered another show called Timeless (about a woman and two men who are doing the saving-history-through-time-travel thing) that looks like it might be interesting...

At least I have the self-discipline to wait until I get paid on Thursday.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Copper was a brilliant little show.

When I saw the first ads, I thought It might be based on Barbara Hambly’s Ben January novels because of the time and the black doctor character. But her stories were set in New Orleans, and about 20 years earlier.

Still, it intrigued me, and watching it, I was NOT disappointed.

Someday my curiosity may well actually get me killed.

Most likely in self-defense by my wallet, lol.

Just rewatched the first season of Copper (great show about an Irish police detective in NYC in 1864) and decided to see if they'd made a second one. Turns out there's not only a second season of Copper, but also a second season of Underground (another great show,about escaped slaves, which I also own the first season of) and I also discovered another show called Timeless (about a woman and two men who are doing the saving-history-through-time-travel thing) that looks like it might be interesting...

At least I have the self-discipline to wait until I get paid on Thursday.
Timeless was okay and it didn't last very long, but I liked Travelers from Netflix more.

Remove ads