Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Ulfgeir

Hero
I raise you a moose* and five wild boars on the road... However, you’ll have to take my word for it, as this was 22 years ago, and I don’t have pics...

*Could have been an elk. I’m not entirely sure what the difference is.
Two different species. Moose is the bigger one. Don't know how good your Swedish is, but here is what they translate to in Swedish. ;)

Moose = Älg
Elk = Kronhjort

/Magnus

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I had a feeling Elon Musk would find a way to tank dogecoin on SNL. I held on a little too long. I hoped it would go up instead of down.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
877ECE76-7616-4D0F-B63F-09A6BE89678A.jpeg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I've been reading a book on accountability called How to be Accountable. It's a good read in my opinion. In the book it talks about the concept of groupthink and how it goes back 200 years. A book called The Sorrows of Young Werther had a huge cultural impact. There was all sorts of merch created based on the book and men dressed like Werther. It also had another effect. There appeared to be a high number of suicides much like the one in the book, and copies of the book were said to be at the scene.

It's amazing to me that even then media had a huge impact on society. Even Napolean was a fan of the book. While not the topic of the book, I'm intrigued by this. It's going to lead me to one, read Goethe's book, but also learn more about groupthink, and it's affect on culture. It also now brings a question to my mind. When did clothing become about fashion and less about utility?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I've been reading a book on accountability called How to be Accountable. It's a good read in my opinion. In the book it talks about the concept of groupthink and how it goes back 200 years. A book called The Sorrows of Young Werther had a huge cultural impact. There was all sorts of merch created based on the book and men dressed like Werther. It also had another effect. There appeared to be a high number of suicides much like the one in the book, and copies of the book were said to be at the scene.

It's amazing to me that even then media had a huge impact on society. Even Napolean was a fan of the book. While not the topic of the book, I'm intrigued by this. It's going to lead me to one, read Goethe's book, but also learn more about groupthink, and it's affect on culture. It also now brings a question to my mind. When did clothing become about fashion and less about utility?
Clothing became associated with fashion about 5 minutes after clothing was invented.

Most males and females of most species have the urge to show off, both to rivals and potential mates. Clothing becomes analogous to plumage.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Yet physical attractiveness is still important. You'd think if that was the case what a person looks like would cease to matter. I'm not saying you're wrong, I agree with you. I guess clothing became that extra hint of blue in the feather that caught the eye when the physical aspect were more similar.

Remove ads