• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
This is a peculiar way for companies to admit they don't pay a living wage, isn't it?

Actually, even for a lot of people who were making enough to live on, the extra cash that the US gub'ment was handing out to help those on unemployment during the pandemic was more than they would have been making at work, even without adding in their actual unemployment money. It was a pretty tempting incentive to stay home.

I sure as hell would have been better off financially if I'd been laid off for most of the last year instead of being an essential worker.
After taxes I bring home around $426 a week. If I'd been out of work, I would have been getting $600 a week, plus the $275-300 I would have gotten from unemployment. That's almost twice what I earn.

But I'm a warehouse worker for a toothpaste manufacturer, so I was "essential"...
Because gawds know civilization woud crumble if people couldn't get their overpriced all-natural toothpaste from Amazon with two-day free shipping... /snark

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Actually, even for a lot of people who were making enough to live on, the extra cash that the US gub'ment was handing out to help those on unemployment during the pandemic was more than they would have been making at work, even without adding in their actual unemployment money. It was a pretty tempting incentive to stay home.

I sure as hell would have been better off financially if I'd been laid off for most of the last year instead of being an essential worker.
After taxes I bring home around $426 a week. If I'd been out of work, I would have been getting $600 a week, plus the $275-300 I would have gotten from unemployment. That's almost twice what I earn.

But I'm a warehouse worker for a toothpaste manufacturer, so I was "essential"...
Because gawds know civilization woud crumble if people couldn't get their overpriced all-natural toothpaste from Amazon with two-day free shipping... /snark
This is the more accurate rendition. The devaluing of the dollar is quite astounding right now.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I find myself wondering how bad the pandemic could have been if those people went to work instead of staying home. Restaurants would have been some of the worst places to work. So many customers coming and going. Depending on the restaurant you could easily be exposed to hundreds of people. That realization has dawned on people. They now correctly believe it's not worth their lives. I don't blame some for holding out for as long as they have. Now restaurants are, in theory anyway, safer, and paying better.

There will always be people that take advantage of the system. They take the free handouts and demand more. There will always be @zzholes that have to complain about them. Many have done what they felt was right for them and theirs, right or wrong. The lock downs and extra money saved lives in my opinion. In the end that was the goal.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
There’s this Ukrainian pop band, Nikita. I bet you’d like them. Especially their music video ”Avocado”. It’s really not grandma appropriate so I won’t link it directly, but please, do look it up...

Mad_Jack

Legend
This is one of their slower songs as far as I recall. ;)

Yeah... Regardless of whether or not you like their music, it's pretty much been agreed upon (sometimes grudgingly, lol) by the masses that they're an actual metal band and have established their metal credentials. (Or at least the metal credentials of the folks playing and writing the music.)

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Zhigulevskoye (Baltika version)

IMG_20210704_121442.jpg

4.5% Pale Lager. Not as strong Baltika 7 mild grain taste. Generic pale lager. Not to bad but not as nice as say Baltika 7 or Zatecky Gus. Poured from a 900mm can.

Reasonably clean and crisp. Apparently it was the most popular beer in the USSR based on an Austrian recipe.

Just a typical macro beer. Better than a lot but perfectly drinkable. Unlike a crap beer which can go down on a hot summer's day this beer would probably be good.

Remove ads