• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
So when she thinks of The US, she thinks TV? It's sad because it's true. Our primary export is entertainment. First world problems?

With the newest DLC for HEarts of Iron out, I decided to spin it up, and well this happened. What happens when you choose random for almost everyone:
A four-way civil war in Spain, WWII started in '37 with England declaring war on Italy, Germany has taken London, while the USA is moving to fascist while being with the allies. And Italy has taken most of the UK's African holdings. Meanwhile, I'm (USR) just building up forces along the Polish border.

ugu4txhatc681.png

Dog Moon

Adventurer
So when she thinks of The US, she thinks TV? It's sad because it's true. Our primary export is entertainment. First world problems?
It's not even just TV. Like, I would be totally fine if she cosplayed as a tv character or something. But no, she went as an Emmy... so it's like a tiny percentage of the US that actually cares about the Emmys. Which maybe is more representative of how the US works... representing a minor portion of the country (more often than not, is representing the elite or the wealthy).

Ooooo, I have to step back. I almost went REALLY political from that train of thought!

But sadly, it makes sense that our primary export is entertainment considering how much of everything is made overseas. Although ironically, I feel like most of the US tv shows are filmed out of the country. Wheel of Time, for instance, is filmed somewhere around Prague, iirc.

Aeson

A lot is filmed in Canada also.

Sometimes I really wish they would allow us to discuss politics and religion.

Aeson

With the newest DLC for HEarts of Iron out, I decided to spin it up, and well this happened. What happens when you choose random for almost everyone:
A four-way civil war in Spain, WWII started in '37 with England declaring war on Italy, Germany has taken London, while the USA is moving to fascist while being with the allies. And Italy has taken most of the UK's African holdings. Meanwhile, I'm (USR) just building up forces along the Polish border.

ugu4txhatc681.png
Look who's talking politics. Shame shame shame

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Sometimes I really wish they would allow us to discuss politics and religion.
Sometimes I do as well, but I understand why it could be bad. While some people are able to discuss either rationally, many people simply cannot. Some of the best political conversations were with a person who was able to see beyond party and discuss actual issues and events that were occurring. BUT... I've also had conversations where I'm just like "Yeah, nothing is ever going to come from this" because sometimes people simply do not listen. They have their point of view and every other point of view is wrong. You just can't have rational discourse with someone like that and those tend to be the people to become the most passionate (in a bad way) and are the reason behind the ban of such topics of discussion. Is a pity, really.

Aeson

Sometimes I do as well, but I understand why it could be bad. While some people are able to discuss either rationally, many people simply cannot. Some of the best political conversations were with a person who was able to see beyond party and discuss actual issues and events that were occurring. BUT... I've also had conversations where I'm just like "Yeah, nothing is ever going to come from this" because sometimes people simply do not listen. They have their point of view and every other point of view is wrong. You just can't have rational discourse with someone like that and those tend to be the people to become the most passionate (in a bad way) and are the reason behind the ban of such topics of discussion. Is a pity, really.
You're a closed minded stinky poopyhead Nazi for saying that.

I think I covered it all. 😝

Remove ads