• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you’ve ever slept in a hotel room, odds are good you’ve done that more than once.

Even worse- did you ever sleep in a hospital room?

Mad_Jack

Legend
I heard somewhere that if a building is over 100(?) years old it's almost certain that somebody died there at least once. I live in New England - half the buildings in this area are over 100 years old.

In other news, I still own a rotary phone although I haven't used it since 2010 which is when I had our home phone service disconnected in favor of going cellular. As a native semi-rural New Englander, having an old rotary phone handy was a wise thing because even after you lost power in your house sometimes the phones would still work.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm very overweight and I let that hold me back because I know many find it unattractive. I find it unattractive. I can't expect someone else to do something I can't do. Avoiding rejection by avoiding asking seems the easiest way. One day I'll finally have enough of the self pity and loneliness and do something about it...or not.
Yeah, I know that feeling. I'm sort of at that "overweight but not TOO overweight" area. Like I'm definitely overweight, but I'm not to the point where I can't do anything about it. I actually just started trying to work out, mainly doing a little bit of weightlifting and some leg/ab work. Not a lot of cardio... yet. Is difficult because of how cold it is outside! But yeah, I've managed like 3 30-minute sessions. The soreness in my legs has dropped, but oh man my upper body just aches still. Had to use lighter weights than before... so yeah, I'm like back to weakling status... for now!

Hardest thing to do though is to continue this. I've lost count of the number of times I'm "starting again!" Will work out for like a day, then just stop and then like two weeks later I'm like "I'm doing this!", work out for two days and then stop... So three times probably puts me in the top like 50%. Be like 95% if I can go longer than one week... Only managed a full month once. Then stuff came up and I stopped... Ugh... A month shouldn't even be that hard! And yet it totally is...

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I told my mom about how I bought some stuff at the gas station that would have cost nearly $10 for less than $4. I thought she'd be impressed. She said that I could probably get the stuff for less somewhere else, meaning a grocery store. I had a coupon for buy 1 20oz. Pepsi product get 20oz. Pepsi Zero free. I got 2 Pepsi Zeroes. She said I could have gotten a whole six pack for the price. 🥴 I also got sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit for free with a 12oz. juice. Now the juice is nearly $2. That's way too much for a little bottle of juice, but the sandwich is $3 and very tasty. Well worth the $1.89 juice. Last but not least a medium fountain drink for free.
So for the price of 1 pepsi and 1 juice, I got all of that. Pretty good in my opinion.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I told my mom about how I bought some stuff at the gas station that would have cost nearly $10 for less than $4. I thought she'd be impressed. She said that I could probably get the stuff for less somewhere else, meaning a grocery store. I had a coupon for buy 1 20oz. Pepsi product get 20oz. Pepsi Zero free. I got 2 Pepsi Zeroes. She said I could have gotten a whole six pack for the price. 🥴 I also got sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit for free with a 12oz. juice. Now the juice is nearly $2. That's way too much for a little bottle of juice, but the sandwich is $3 and very tasty. Well worth the $1.89 juice. Last but not least a medium fountain drink for free.
So for the price of 1 pepsi and 1 juice, I got all of that. Pretty good in my opinion.
If you had gotten all of that at full price, your mother probably would have been right. You could have gotten a 2-liter at a grocery store for that price, but not a six pack. The juice is a little costly, but then again, juice at the store is also expensive. And their little containers are also like $2 even though the half gallons are closer to $3 (or $4 for the big brand names). The sandwiches/burritos at gas stations are actually (I feel) decently priced and don't really have a comparison to grocery stores. Now, you could have gotten a frozen pack of sausage, egg and cheese biscuits for between $4-6, depending on store and brand, but IMO those don't to be quite as good as the fresh version, you have to do it on your own and if you're not careful, the inside of the sausage may still be cold... So I tend to find $3 for a sandwich/burrito worth it from a gas station. Grocery stores also don't have fountain drinks.

So yeah, with your discounts, I would say you did pretty darned good!

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
The loyalty program at Racetrac gas stations is pretty good. I deliver newspaper to 3 of them in the area so I'm in there 5 nights a week. I try to save the points I earn for discounts on gas, but on occasion I use them in the store for stuff. I would recommend it to anyone that has one in their area. I've saved a lot of money.

I know I can't drink all of that in one night. I brought the bottled stuff home. I'm going to use the orange juice in a smoothie. 😁 The pepsi will go in the fridge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads