Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
<First World Problems>

My appointment for an oil change today is scheduled at the same time as several EvilBuy auctions are ending. Only one of the five auctions is even remotely related to things on my priority list for acquiring, but it's the one where I'm probably going to end up reenacting the scene where the snake crossing the road gets suddenly run over by a speeding truck as everyone else outspends me on it. The other four are just old Atari 2600 cartridges I'd like to have just for sentimental reasons, since they were some of the iconic games and at least two of them were among my favorites. So far, they have no bids, but I may yet end up getting sniped on them since I won't be here to check on them before they end.

</First World Problems>

Mad_Jack

Legend
Bah... Lost the first auction, which pissed me off a bit (even though I knew I was never gonna win it), but won the video games - Combat, Yar's Revenge, SeaQuest and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The first auction was for a good chunk of the figures and one piece of scenery from the old early-80's Orc War official D&D plastic playset by MPC playset. Unfortunately, I wasn't alone in recognizing them for what they were. :mad:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A local Top 40 Pop station has this bit they do week day mornings called Forgive and Forget. A caller calls in with something they need forgiveness for. The hosts will call the other person and start a conversation to get their side. I've only been listening for a few weeks, but 100% of the time the other person is upset for some reason other than what the original caller thought.

Today a young college student who had been working as a babysitter/nanny called to help get forgiveness from her client who has a zero sweets policy. The child ate an entire bag of cookies and the babysitter asked her not to tell her mother. Twist incoming, the mother said the babysitter was a pervert. A teddy bear she sent home with the little girl had a nanny cam in it. The mother jumps to the conclusion that the only reason was because the college student was a pervert and wanted to watch the little girl. She said the bear was a gift from her parents when she went away for college. She had no idea they gave it to her to spy on her. In the end she still violated the trust of her client by asking the girl not to tell, which she did.

Every day it's like this. I swear people make this stuff up so they can get on the radio. They get a friend and they work out the details and just go ham on a story.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Yar’s Revenge was a great game! One of my faves on the 2600.

Dude, I once played that game for eight hours straight ! :cool: I'd rolled over the score like eight or nine times, had somewhere north of 50 lives, and my friend ate my dinner for me when my mother threatened to turn it off if I didn't, lol...

Finally my mother came in and "accidentally" bumped the switch on the wall that turned off power in the room... :rolleyes:

Remove ads