Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I don't get the flu shot like I should. I'm rarely around people so I rarely get sick, I just don't think of it. I should get it in my head; the vaccine isn't just for me, it's for those around me.

The antivax movement isn't just a fad. It's going to have lasting impact. I hope these people will be able to live with the consequences of their actions.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don't get the flu shot like I should. I'm rarely around people so I rarely get sick, I just don't think of it. I should get it in my head; the vaccine isn't just for me, it's for those around me.

The antivax movement isn't just a fad. It's going to have lasting impact. I hope these people will be able to live with the consequences of their actions.
FWIW, growing up in the household of an immunologist with a Masters in public health, one thing that gets drummed into your head is that public health measures have saved more lives than actual medicines. Prevention is so much easier and cheaper than cures…if cures are even available.

The other lesson: influenza is a killer. We forget that because we have vaccinations and treatments. But each year, the seasonal flu kills between 20-60k people in the USA alone. It’s one of the leading causes of preventable deaths in the USA. So every year, we get our flu shots, and evangelize others do likewise.

And that’s not including outbreaks of other influenza strains that kill millions, like the so called Spanish Flu. A lot of those are avian flus that jump from birds to humans, which is why you see those massive flock kill-offs when there’s a major outbreak.

As for the antivax movement? Sadly, THAT’S been around since vaccinations were invented, and was preceded by a similar attitude towards variolation- an immune-boosting process that preceded vaccines.

(TBH, I can understand being opposed to variolation. It’s a pretty disgusting concept, even if though it’s efficacy was proven time and time again.)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
An actual play podcast I listen to introduced a misspell book. In which you'll find spells like Meatier Swarm that drops giant chonks of meat on the target area. Friarball; a miniature friar shoots from the caster's finger and explodes in a ball of friars.
Edit:
I forgot the robe of bread. A magical robe that produces randomly a pound of fresh baked bread 1/day. Garlic bread is an option on the table.
👨‍🍳

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Another spell. I can't believe I forgot this. A player got the book and was told he could cast any spell as long as he misspelled the spell. He cast Eyes Shard. The target was pummeled by eyeballs.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
An actual play podcast I listen to introduced a misspell book. In which you'll find spells like Meatier Swarm that drops giant chonks of meat on the target area. Friarball; a miniature friar shoots from the caster's finger and explodes in a ball of friars.
Edit:
I forgot the robe of bread. A magical robe that produces randomly a pound of fresh baked bread 1/day. Garlic bread is an option on the table.
👨‍🍳
Love spells & items like that!

Wand of Wanders
Rod of Lardly Might
Neutralize Poisson
Lightening Bolt
Fryerball (targets in the AoE are pelted by chicken carcasses)
Rouge’s Tools
Leomund’s Tiny Hat

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Leomund’s Tiny Hat
The character had the ability to shapeshift. He was in the form of a dinosaur at the time. He asked if when he took the form if he could have a little wizard's hat on. The DM asked if he was wearing a little wizard's hat before. He said no, but he had a cape on. The DM said the dinosaur could have a little cape. The DM is loose with the rules. If it makes things funnier then he's more likely to hand wave the rules. Like allowing a dinosaur to cast spells from a book.

Puns are the height of comedy. These guys are masters of puns. Puns and dick jokes. Their other podcasts are mostly political and religious, but Citation Needed is about different historical events or figures. Full of puns and dick jokes but less political or religious.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
How hard is it to send 3 books in the mail? I got book 3 of 3 today. Maybe if I complain enough they'll send book 1. I'll finally have all three. Holy Hell this is stupid.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Just experienced the traffic jam from hell.. Normally, it takes around 1 hour to travel by car from central Gothenburg to my home in Borås. 65 km distance and it is a highway between the cities. Well, today it took 6.5 hours due to a number of trucks getting stuck in the max 5 cm snow outside the airport 25 km from Gothenburg... I would have understood it if it was the kind of weather they are threatening will come tomorrow. But this was simply ridiculous. .

Remove ads