Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I had a goofy realization. I found 2 towels in my saddle bags on my bike. A simple 7 speed Linus brand pedal bike. I was wondering "Why would I EVER need 2 towels. Now here is the goofy thing Why: Just in case there is a space invasion and I need to trade a towel for a 'don't panic' button. How could I forget that.

**sigh**

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A few weeks ago, we had a hot water pipe break in 2 places under the slab of our house. The good news: it is repaired, and insurance is covering most of it...see below.

The bad news: because it was below the slab, there was much concrete dust kicked up, which will require cleaning. On top of that, because the 2 breaks occurred near the center of the house, we will need to move out for a week while they're replace @40% of the flooring in the downstairs in our house. The mover/packers arrive tomorrow.

Even though they're bonded, there are certain things we simply don't want to risk, so we're packing & moving them ourselves.

Oh yeah...remember that concrete dust? Because of it we had to turn off our AC. And we can't turn it back on until AFTER the floors are replaced. Did y'all know Texas is HOT this time of year?

Scott DeWar

And that is why I do not like slab floors. Even a crawl space makes a whole world of difference. Also, sometime you cannot route wires through an attic, you have to have a basement of some sort. Take good care of your instruments.

Scott DeWar

My favorite day! Lucky Friday the 13th! It was Friday, January 13, 2012 when I left for home from Rusk Rehab Center!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I decided to stay at the house Thursday night, since the installation crew wanted to start work at @6:30AM.

Just as I'm getting ready for bed at about 11:30PM, I get a call- the power has gone out at the hotel my parents were in. Soooooo I had to go get Mom- who, despite being in a room that was still nice and icy, was not comfortable sitting in the darkened room- and she wound up taking my bed for the evening (that being the only bed available). I grabbed a pillow & some floor.

Dad, OTOH, slept in said room until 3:30 AM until the power came back on. Then he went back to sleep.

Happy Friday 13!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
So I was playing the iPad app version of Spaceward Ho!- a cool little game of galactic conquest- and was one turn away from winning a game at a very hard setting. My ally and I controlled the galaxy except for one planet. I had my attack fleet and 2 colonization fleets ready to go.

I selected and sent the wrong fleet. My colonists were wiped out. No worries- I still had another colonial fleet- and sent the attack fleet.

In mid-turn, my ally severed our alliance. My attack fleet was met by hers, which was not only bigger, but better. They were annihilated. Then she erased me from the galaxy.

I was one turn from victory, and made a stupid error which cost me the game. I hate it when I do stupid stuff like that.

Remove ads