Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
as a general rule, I stay out of conversations involving Politics and Religion for your stated reason Dogmoon.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Which is the most ridiculous part of this process. I'm freaking tired about hearing all this presidential election crap already and we still have MONTHS of it to go. We seriously need a shorter time frame. Like 30 day period to announce candidacy, 60 day period to convince people to vote for you and then on day 91, elections.

I remember watching Last Week Tonight a few months ago and he said something along the lines of "People ask me about the Presidency and you know what I tell them? Who cares? It's more than a full year away". I agreed so much!

My mom is pretty much of the same mindset.

I, however, see the process as kind of an extended test drive. Enough issues will crop up that the candidates must address that we get to see not only how they react, but how the people they have chosen to be their staff react.

I have to say, the GOP race alone has changed my opinions of SEVERAL of the candidates.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
as a general rule, I stay out of conversations involving Politics and Religion for your stated reason Dogmoon.

Yeah, some of them I've really had to make sure I stay out of because in some cases I know my opinion of certain things would not be liked. I guess in this case I was trying to put forward an opposing case just so the entire thread wasn't everyone going "Yeah, I agree". You know, trying to create a discussion.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
My mom is pretty much of the same mindset.

I, however, see the process as kind of an extended test drive. Enough issues will crop up that the candidates must address that we get to see not only how they react, but how the people they have chosen to be their staff react.

I have to say, the GOP race alone has changed my opinions of SEVERAL of the candidates.

I get that a little bit and maybe 60 days is a little too short, but I think over an entire year is absolutely ridiculous. It means if a President were running for re-election, they would be spending 1/4th of their Presidency trying to get back in office for a second term. And I REALLY don't want to listen to Trump or a bunch of politicians who are only telling us what they think we want to hear in order to get elected.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Actually the discussion I'm in isn't too bad, although it's kind of interesting how there are actually two related discussions going on. I know I tried to get into the discussion on whether Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God or not, but it ended up turning into a discussion regarding light, colors and perception and I sorta lost interest quickly when that happened.

Scott DeWar

I know I tried to get into the discussion on whether Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God or not, but it ended up turning into a discussion regarding light, colors and perception and I sorta lost interest quickly when that happened.
huh?? Uh nevermind - best I not know how it got to that.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
huh?? Uh nevermind - best I not know how it got to that.

It's because it is primarily about perception. Islam, for example, believes they all worship the same God but that the Jews and Christians are misguided. However, most Christians I'm sure would not believe that Muslims worship the same God as them because their religions are so different and they wouldn't believe that a prophet was sent after Jesus because they are still on the wrong the path.

So you ask different people and you'll get different answers because of how they see the situation.

Scott DeWar

Well, as for Islam, it is believed to have come to the people born from Ishmael, the son of Abraham and the Egyptian slave Hagar, if memory serves. That would be the main contestive point between Muslims vs Jews and Christians. What some Muslims have told me that there seems to be a problem is what is found in the qaran:
1. Jesus is mentioned in the qarran
2. He is called the flesh
3. The flsh is called God.

The Muslims usually don't like this too much.

Remove ads