• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just stumbled on this.

I've always had problems with the length of my shoestrings on dress shoes. I was always struggling to knot my shoelaces with short leftovers, almost impossible to knot. And when I looked for longer dress shoe shoestrings- assuming it was just the size of my feet causing my worries, the next size up was 9" longer.

After watching the videos here, I found the root of my issues: I have been doing it wrong my whole life. Proper "bar lacing" not only looks neater, it uses less string, meaning I have more than enough to make the knots with.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/lace-oxfords-dress-shoes/

Just stumbled on this.

I've always had problems with the length of my shoestrings on dress shoes. I was always struggling to knot my shoelaces with short leftovers, almost impossible to knot. And when I looked for longer dress shoe shoestrings- assuming it was just the size of my feet causing my worries, the next size up was 9" longer.

After watching the videos here, I found the root of my issues: I have been doing it wrong my whole life. Proper "bar lacing" not only looks neater, it uses less string, meaning I have more than enough to make the knots with.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/lace-oxfords-dress-shoes/
Unfortunately, lacing on the bottom of the flaps is very uncomfortable for those of us of substantial height and, *ahem*, noticeable girth.

Thee feets, you sees, hurts most abominably, when tens of pounds per square inch be pressing on the width of a string.

One might also ask why, in the store for clothes, the clothes for the tall people go on the bottom rack, while the clothes for the short go on the top?

I have a new best friend.

Home alone trying to catch up on my Storyhours and decided to treat myself. Bought some Country Style ribs. Smallest package had eight. So, the universe was telling me something I figured and cooked them all. Couldn't finish them. I was giving lil pieces to my daughter's dog, Larry. Then I gave a whole piece to my dog, Chrissy. In the background I hear whimpering and soft barking. Larry wants more and fears I am giving the rest to Chrissy. As I come back to the computer he stands up on his hind legs and does a dance and show for me then sits down and whimpers while looking at the last piece.....

hoh boy.

Well, the wife decided what to do with the last piece..... she had help

feed dogs.jpg

Remove ads