Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
[video=youtube_share;INouvLl1JiQ]https://youtu.be/INouvLl1JiQ[/video]

These kids can ROCK. I thought the drummer was their mom at first.lol She's the older sister. I watched their Crazy Train video first. The boy in the hat can thrash. Sibling acts are awesome. When it's needed they can harmonize like it's nobodies business. Harmonizing not really needed here though.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t know if I’ve posted this here, but...speaking of kids who can rock: ASTERISM

[video=youtube;2m0F_7-dQAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m0F_7-dQAg[/video]

Besides rock and metal covers, they do their own stuff, too.

[video=youtube;uRucixIhgmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRucixIhgmc[/video]

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
[video=youtube_share;3HF8iR_GB8A]https://youtu.be/3HF8iR_GB8A[/video]
I found this educational. Also to add to the private prison. They "save" money by shipping back to the state those with chronic illness like diabetes and cancer. They also charge inmates for everything including toilet paper. Government and private prisons save money by using slave free inmate labor and cutting meal. Only serving 2 meals a day on weekends and holidays. In my state a weekend is 3 days long. So think about this, if Monday is a holiday, you only get breakfast and dinner which are served 12 hours apart, 4 days in a row. Friday - Monday. Tuesday- Thursday normal meals, and back to weekend on Friday.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was talking about something similar, recently. There was a conservative person I know tangentially who was wondering if we really need school lunch program subsidies for the poor. I pointed out to him that- according to our own official government reports- for many kids living below the poverty level, school lunch was the only “real” food they got. And for a certain subset, you wouldn’t need that “real” qualifier.

And with school being in session only 9 months out of the year...

I then pointed out the reams of data about the developmental effects of poor nutrition on children. Besides health issues, poor nutrition is also linked to loss of IQ.

IOW, the better fed (and healthier) your populace, the fewer drags on your economy.

I don’t know if he believed me, but he hasn’t complained about school lunches around me since that conversation.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My family had to rely on those free lunches for a time. I'm grateful for it. It's a program I would support if my community tried to cut it. I don't think I have ever heard anyone question the need for it. I think I would have words for that person.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve never been in that position, but one of my middle-school friends was. Age 14, Eddie was already 6’ tall. His family was poor.

But unfortunately, his Dad was too proud to file the paperwork to get Eddie on the free lunch program. So every freaking day, Eddie worked the cafeteria room for his lunch, asking the other kids “You gonna eat that?” and taking whatever he got. It was sad. Probably humiliating.

To be fair, I knew people who gamed the social welfare system, too. And my Mom taught in a school where it was rampant. But the existence of cheats has never been enough for me to justify hurting those in genuine need.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I had to get a connecting flight in Denver, because that's what you do when you fly Frontier Airlines. I only had time to get from one plane to the other. If I had more time and was aware of it's history I would have done some exploring. I love how the airport has embraced it. I hate how some take it so seriously. This woman is more cracked than I am.

[video=youtube_share;ABWjBsC04GQ]https://youtu.be/ABWjBsC04GQ[/video]

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I’ve never been in that position, but one of my middle-school friends was. Age 14, Eddie was already 6’ tall. His family was poor.

But unfortunately, his Dad was too proud to file the paperwork to get Eddie on the free lunch program. So every freaking day, Eddie worked the cafeteria room for his lunch, asking the other kids “You gonna eat that?” and taking whatever he got. It was sad. Probably humiliating.

To be fair, I knew people who gamed the social welfare system, too. And my Mom taught in a school where it was rampant. But the existence of cheats has never been enough for me to justify hurting those in genuine need.

That's part of the problem, ennit? My oldest sister used her food stamps to buy a birthday cake and meal for our dad. Yes her kids were eating the food she bought, but it still didn't sit well with me. If her food stamps were taken from her it hurt her kids. It hurts the kids also when you cheat the system. I can bring this back to prison thing. A lot of prison guards are women that were on the verge of losing their benefits. They're easily seduced and manipulated into bring in contraband. It's big money. Putting them to work and off welfare created newer problems.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to live in Aurora, a suburb of Denver, for a few years. That Mile High air is definitely thinner. The legalized weed can’t help.

Newest tank is done,it's an m48 walker bulldog

[sblock]
VAQhKif.jpg
pma1D0t.jpg
9bxZs25.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads