Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;8T_ztm42YoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_ztm42YoE[/video]

I just gotta mention this brilliant new Youtube channel called Girlfriend Reviews. It's brilliant. Did I say that already?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm worried. I realize cleaning is part of the restaurant business. It's not easy to be on my feet for hours and do a lot of physical stuff like cleaning. I've been told more than once this job might not be the right job for me. I can do other parts of the job. I can even get the cleaning done. I just need more time. Let me sit and rest, to catch my breath, regain my energy. I perform poorly on this one aspect. I really haven't been given a chance to do other parts of the manager job. Let me take some orders and interact with the customer. Sadly, the end of the night cleaning falls on the cook and manager. I need this job, at least until I can find something better. I hope I don't screw this up.

I've been off for nearly 2 hours. I am so sore and tired. I need a bed, not my car seat.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Had a weird dinner tonight with a long-time buddy from my HS class.

He admitted to participating in a blackface incident in an elective class at our school. No record of it is known to exist, but it’s been eating at him for the past several decades. I didn’t even know it had happened.

But I told him that I had always considered him one of the best of us, and pointed out he was the only person EVER to talk to me about it...or the even worse things that happened there. That speaks to his true character. To my mind, the adult in charge was the source of the crucial failure. And if it happened once, did it happen any other times? And some of the former students are now part of its current teaching staff & administration.

We discussed the possibility of talking to our school’s current administration to educate against future repetitions or similar behavior.

On top of that, he revealed that the most conservative voice in our class had come out and is currently engaged. When I say “conservative”, let me say that his graduation speech embarrassed the guest speaker and pissed off the Bishop so much you could see him chewing out the Headmaster in real time. His coming out was mind blowing, yes, but it suddenly made some of his puzzling actions in those days make more sense.

Remove ads