Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The newspaper was delayed until 3am due to the "elections" not their brightest move. We should not be risking our lives in morning rush hour traffic to deliver papers. I am so fracking stressed right now.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Ooh, Flash killed somebody off? :D Cool. lol
I'm only on the fourth (?) season, where he's going up against the Thinker...

And speaking of tv news, I just picked up the complete series of one of the truly great tv shows of the '80's for $19.95 at Wallyworld...

Tales of The Gold Monkey...

It is every bit as gloriously cheesy as I remember it being. :cool:

Mad_Jack

Legend
I have the teeth of an 80-yr-old... (they're in a drawer in my desk, lol) But seriously, I just had two teeth yanked, and until that heals and I can use the two teeth on either side of the gap, I've basically got no teeth left to chew with... :( All the bottom ones on the other side are full of holes and/or cracked, so for the past day and until tomorrow night or so, I'm forced to eat only things I can either just swallow like soup/yogurt or mush up against the roof of my mouth or slowly dissolve - mushy french fries, mashed potatoes, etc.... I've been eating the filling out of Hot Pockets with a spoon, lol.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Ooh, Flash killed somebody off? :D Cool. lol
I'm only on the fourth (?) season, where he's going up against the Thinker...

And speaking of tv news, I just picked up the complete series of one of the truly great tv shows of the '80's for $19.95 at Wallyworld...

Tales of The Gold Monkey...

It is every bit as gloriously cheesy as I remember it being. :cool:
It's not like the "victim" is a major character. You've probably already seen her in her last on screen appearance. No real spoiler.

I remember Tales of the Gold Monkey. I'd be willing to see it again. Paying 20 dollars to do so is a bit rich for me.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hello hivers. This bee had to take a rest for a bit. I have been taking Pioglitizone, a diabetes med that is good for skinny people, but not the not skinny people.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Sometime, people forget to show the newbie all the hoops that need to be jumped though.

I worked at a tech giant for a couple weeks before someone realized I hadn’t gotten my photo ID. I hadn’t gotten it because nobody told me I needed one...NOR the prerequisite drug test and half-day security & safety orientation day.
In one job that I had many years ago the previous holder of the position had been kicked out so thoroughly there was nobody there to teach me how to do his work. Office work, but the actual job description was very vague, and I got bossed around a lot to do all kinds of things.

I know in retrospect that that was something that should have been gone over in the job interview and written into the contract, but I was too young to know any better.

I basically ended up having to write a manual on what the job entailed and how to do each task so that the company could have the post be more efficient (or rather, so that the company could more efficiently fire people from that posting. Just like they eventually fired me).

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I basically ended up having to write a manual on what the job entailed and how to do each task so that the company could have the post be more efficient (or rather, so that the company could more efficiently fire people from that posting. Just like they eventually fired me).
I had pretty much same experience in one of my postings as a security guard. Except I wasn’t fired, I quit.

Remove ads