Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
I've always liked that video...

Someone just posted this thought over on the Reaper forum, and I felt it necessary to share it with you...

With the rise of self-driving vehicles, it's only a matter of time until someone writes a country song about the guy's truck leaving him...

So, late Saturday night into Sunday, I experienced one of the worst migraines I've had in over twenty years. The agonizing pain sucked, but the free acid trip was pretty cool... :rolleyes:

Normally, I only get between 1-3 of them a year, and when I do it's not too bad, relatively speaking - it's just the headache without any of the other symptoms. It lasts about eighteen hours, and then for the next twelve hours or so my brain is a bit off (me no speekee Engrish) and my head is in a fishbowl.

This time, I got the full Jimi Hendrix experience - flashing lights, auras, auditory hallucinations and even a few brief moments of synesthesia... :alien: I can remember that seeing the color orange left the taste of blueberries in my mouth. The migraine thankfully subsided early Sunday evening and I managed to get about seven and a half hours of sleep last night. I was surprisingly non-brain-fried this morning, although my concentration was a bit sketchy for awhile, my brain insisted on auto-correcting the word "migraine" into "microwave", and it took about five minutes of argument with myself at lunch before my brain agreed to recognize my cheese sandwich as a food item. I had to bribe it with a chocolate bar and mini donuts first.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Odd you associated orange with blueberries.
Also, well done with the storytelling. It paints an excellent picture in my mind. Was this a fully internal debate with yourself or was there an external component others could see? Like one hand raising the sandwich and the other pushing it away? Ok, that last one was meant to be funny not offensive. I actually found it fascinating. I've never heard anyone talk about a migraine and the after effect in such a way.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Never had the hallu-migraines myself. Mine just make me vomit due to the intense pain around my neck and back of the skull... I used to get them a couple of times in year too, but then at some point they just stopped. I suspect that getting rid of the old job and finding one that didn’t involve 24/7 stress was a big help...

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
To the game! We had a game night, with no actual playing last weekend. Remade all the characters to 5e.
We now have a Monster Slayer Ranger Dwarf, Open Hand Monk Half-Orc, Circle of Dreams Druid Half-Elf, Life Domain Cleric Dwarf, Lore Bard Half-Elf, and Eldritch Knight Fighter Half-Giant.

Used the Goliath for Half-Giant, but switched the goliath’s stone endurance into fire resistance.

Last edited:

you know, I've been thinking about a cool okay maybe an interesting way to do a D&D movie : You have it be a standard sword and sorcery movie right up tell the credits start to roll and then you reveal a group around a table talking about meeting again.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Have you heard of Stall Chasers? It's a game that helps in Alzheimer's research. I can't do it justice if I try to explain it. I heard about it on the radio last night.

Remove ads