Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah, I too absolutely love garlic. My father in law occasionally eats that much garlic too. It’s kinda cool to meet someone who ever so slightly smells of garlic, and not in the bad ”garlic breath” way 😂

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I seasoned the fish with garlic powder and had garlic toast. My breath smelled like garlic. I'm a big fan of garlic also. Since I have an actual kitchen now I hope to start cooking more often. May start investing in actual garlic too.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have been buying big jars of peeled garlic cloves for the past few years. Even if I can’t use it all, its a money/time saver for me.

One thing I do to mitigate garlic spoilage is to make big batches of roasted cloves. I fill a pie pan/tart pan with whole garlic cloves. Then I melt some butter (or use a good olive oil), mix in a dry white wine, and pour over the cloves. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika, then roast in oven at 350degF until they start to brown a bit.

A spoonful or two on a steak or pasta is heavenly. They’re also soft enough to spread.

And they freeze up just fine.

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Genie: "Oh brave adventurer, for freeing me you have earned three wishes from me."
Bob: "I wish for a hundred more wishes."
Genie: "You can't do that."
Bob: "I wish that I could."
Genie: "No, listen, you only get three wishes total."
Bob: "I wish for another Genie in a lamp."
Genie: "What?"
Bob: "Well, it's a large multiverse. Surely there are other genies trapped in lamps somewhere out there?"
Genie: "Umm.. I suppose."
Bob: "So I could wish for a lamp like that so that I could free the Genie and get more wishes?"
Genie: "Wait a moment. I'll check what it says here in the Laws of the Djinn."
Bob: "I wish that the rules say that I can wish for more wishes."
Genie: "No, look, it says right here that you have to find the lamp where it is. You can't just randomly magic them to you. That's why the sorceror who tricked Aladdin had to send him to get it. Also, the rules are immutable."
Bob: "I wish for a map that I can read that shows me where all the lamps with trapped genies are."
Genie: "Good grief."

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My social circle consists of 2 old crazy white women and 2 crazy black women. I'm out numbered and out crazied.

Remove ads