Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Ulfgeir

Hero
It's the 6th day of June 2020 A.D. at 13:34 hours EST. If that confuses anyone. The email came same day at 09:34 hours EST. GMT -5. California is 3 hours behind my timezone GMT -8.
Meaning I got the email 4 hours ahead of the date and time in the body of the email. The activity in question should have taken place 3 hours and 32 minutes ago, or 32 minutes ago depending on the timezones.

=^_^= The trouble with time-travels.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I don't know if it's true, or not but, legend has it the US does things the way they do to separate us further from the UK. Now they're stuck in their ways and stubborn, and because...Freedom. 🙄
Well, this could be true in certain things, but not all. One of my friends once mentioned how using 12 as a base rather than 10 was better because it is divided by 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6 and 1/12, which is better than 1/2, 1/5 and 10 (whereas some like the elegance of everything being a factor of 10). So I don't know the exact reason why we use a different system, but it's not "just to be different from the UK".

As for dates, it's easier for me to see 6/12/2020 than 12/6/2020, but that's because it flows more smoothly since I'm used to saying June 12th rather than I guess the 12th of June.

One of the nice things about Microsoft Excel is that if you type in 6/12/2020, there's like 20 different ways you can format it, including 2020-6-12. So you can make it easy to sort however you want to. :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
On a side note, considering how often I write, I'm apparently terrible at capitalization. The Troll Commander, a hero of the Multiverse, once defeated a horde of Andoran Rangers who were half Elf and half Demon led by the Giant King Ronald. That's how I WANT to capitalize everything, even though I know most of that is incorrect. Probably is that I do it subconsciously, so I have to go back and fix everything when I'm done. Ugh...

Oh, and for some reason, "lay, laid, laying, lie, lied" in terms of furniture or on top of furniture. It's like no matter how often I look it up, I forget immediately after. Did he lay down on the bed or lie down on it? Messes me up so bad.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
On a side note, considering how often I write, I'm apparently terrible at capitalization. The Troll Commander, a hero of the Multiverse, once defeated a horde of Andoran Rangers who were half Elf and half Demon led by the Giant King Ronald. That's how I WANT to capitalize everything, even though I know most of that is incorrect. Probably is that I do it subconsciously, so I have to go back and fix everything when I'm done. Ugh...

Oh, and for some reason, "lay, laid, laying, lie, lied" in terms of furniture or on top of furniture. It's like no matter how often I look it up, I forget immediately after. Did he lay down on the bed or lie down on it? Messes me up so bad.
It just proves that german is the one proper language, as even english speakers instinctively capitalise words the way germans do 😂

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The trading app Robinhood is getting a lot of bad press lately. I've been using it for a few months. I can see the concern. I got caught up in cryptocurrency trading on a very small scale. I think I realized it wasn't for me so I sold what I had and put it in ETFs. My goal is long term. The media focus is on those trying to get rich quickly. I didn't expect the cryptocurrency thing to get me rich, not at the level I was at. I just caught myself checking it many many times a day and getting discouraged when it went down. It's way too volatile. I'm going to stick to my long term plans.

Remove ads