Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
From what I understand, Antifa actually started as a (basically Communist) political party in the early 1930s in Germany. As the German political climate changed, it inspired a bunch of splinter groups that were not political parties but underground resistance organizations, and the rest is kind of history.
All I know is fascists like complaining about antifa but they can't seem to agree on who or what antifa is. I haven't looked into the history because they always seem to be another boogeyman used to scare people with.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Watching college football. Seeing empty seats is weird (there are fans in the stands, just not a full crowd). I said to my mom that's a rare sight. I saw something else different. The head coach for North Carolina was being interviewed. The mic was on a stand in front of him. The interviewer was off screen but you could hear her speaking through a mask. I assume she was standing a distance away. It's wild seeing all these changes.

I stayed up to watch GT vs FSU. They're in a weather delay.

As I mentioned earlier- I'm a fan of wrestling. Mainly WWE. First there were fans in the seats then they settled in their training facility. Still no fans or audience.

Wrestlemania was rescribed (yeah- rumors are true- the stories and winners are preselected) as wrestlers with injuries or immunity issues (just beat cancer) had to drop out. They adopted a more movie like photo shooting style for the Undertaker/AJ match which was kinda fun.

They have done this method here /there as such from the success.

Then as rules in Florida lightened up, wrestling trainees got to be the "audiance" but 6 feet apart and behind plexiglass.

Most recently they have hundreds of TV monitors set up as fans remotely watch from the stands which is ....strange.

Sometimes I think Florida was one of the first to lighten up rules because so many of the sports team train there and play there. Billionaires are generally the ones that own and run the teams. And we all know how money hates to loose money.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
You might be on to something. The NBA is playing all their games in Orlando. The MLB was going to. They decided to just do regional stuff. All the East teams playing each other etc. Toronto had to find a temporary home stadium because Canada wouldn't let anyone in.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
In one of my homebrews, “Elves of Underhill” were actually crashlanded Greys with access to holographic tech to look like the elves of lore, plus stasis and multidimensional engineering tech to account for the way Underhill warped time & space. Some of their weapons were also high-tech as well.
I’m kind of going with prehistory on human point of view. The gnomes of yore were an interdimensional and intergalactic empire that could bend the reality to their wills. They were not native to the world of the setting though, and had come from some other place. In time they enslaved humanity and giantkin who were just primitive hunter gatherers at the time. They also taught the elves to work magic. Then their culture collapsed. A civil war or something like that left the gnomes in the world isolated from the larger empire, and in time the giants rebelled and overthrew them. The time of the giantkings began. Through millenia the gnomes lost most of the knowledge that built their empire. Millenia later still and the humans rebelled against the giants, and overthrew them...

So it is finally the time of humans. Of what little is known of the ancient times paints gnomes as tyrants, and as such they are universally reviled by humans.

So, the idea is that the magic that created the ancient gnome empire, could actually have been incredibly advanced technology. And some of that tech still lingers, but it is effectively magic to the people of this time.

Well, that’s the short version of it anyway.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ah, the setting also has way fewer sentient humanoid species/races than d&d normal. There’s pretty much only humans, giants, elves, gnomes/goblins (they are the same species), and anthropomorphic animals (it’s a kids’ story afterall even if the background is rather heavy).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe your campaign setting is the Gnomish Empire’s version of Australia- a penal colony? That explains their isolation and their attitude towards other races.

Remove ads