Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The temp didn't go above freezing today. I think that's the first time this winter. There were some snow flurries last night. Our winter weather didn't measure up to what some of you had.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
We’ve been below freezing since new year. At least it hasn’t snowed anymore in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: I was wrong. Apparently it got above freezing for few hours on Jan 25...

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
On Monday a guy was wished Happy Birthday. He didn't acknowledge it at first. I'm thinking that's rude. Then some time later he made a statement about being one of Jahovah's Witnesses and he would not be acknowledging any happy birthday wishes. I knew he was JW and I know about their weird custom. I also know for the most part they're very polite and often would say thank you and leave it at that. If they felt an explanation was needed they'd give it. I've never known one to not say thank you. Anyone else think it was odd?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I guess I could have asked odd in general or odd for a JW. Lol

This is the same guy that thinks it's a good idea to drink straight olive oil.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well...
1613590491018.jpeg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, the rolling blackouts SEEM to have ended. Haven’t had one in hours. So I’m hoping I can actually get a shower in tonight.

And maaaaan, do I need one! I was literally stepp into the shower when the first outage occurred. And I haven’t trusted the power to stay on while in process.

But today, I did a lot of snow shoveling, and I’m a sweaty mess. I will be showering regardless of ambient lumens, praying that there’s enough hot water to complete the task if the power fails again.

Silver lining: the border collies have been loving yard time in the snow. The younger one has been sitting or lying down in and plowing through drifts like a mad scotswoman. I swear I saw her running past our kitchen door with bagpipes and a kilt.

The older one has been more sedate and stylish in her enjoyment. Walk a few feet. Vogue. Sniff some air over there. Vogue. Stare at me shoveling snow. Vogue.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Never in your life did you imagine you would be shoveling snow in D/FW? And at your age. You should have found a neighborhood boy to do it.

I'm glad you and yours are safe.

Remove ads