Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
My apologies, Aeson! It wasn’t a Georgian idiot, it was a Virginian.

View attachment 133058
Dude, I would totally be like hell yeah, get me the box too! I'll take off the face mask and own that box. Put up posters and naughty word. I would make that MINE!

I mean, I know it's supposed to be "punishment", but honestly, I'd choose that over wearing a face mask if I could. Granted, without the box I would still wear the face mask since it's the right thing to do, but I still prefer not to if possible.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I've never had to call and complain about a pizza order until today. The pizza wasn't cut. There wasn't a garlic sauce or pepper in the box. That's never happened before. I'm getting another pizza to make up for it.
I once ordered a cheese pizza from Little Ceasar's. They apparently forgot the source. Didn't have the car at the time, was on the walk home. Didn't look till I'd arrived. It tasted pretty much like cheese bread, so it wasn't bad, but I was just confused. Cheese pizza. 3 things: crust, sauce, cheese. How do you forget one of those?

Suppose I should feel lucky that the sauce was the one in three. I'm not sure how I'd react if I just had crust and sauce (that I would definitely complain about). Sauce and cheese only I'd be super impressed by. Take a picture. Tell the story. And definitely complain.

I didn't complain about the cheese bread. Almost tasted better actually.

Somewhat related, did you ever hear about the uncut pizza in Breaking Bad? So there's the scene where dude throws a pizza onto the roof of the garage. Except someone noticed that it was uncut (since it was the only way to actually get the pizza to fly up and stay like that). And word got around so eventually the makers of Breaking Bad added that into the show. It was a thing for one of the pizza places in town that they didn't cut their pizza. People having a party, pizza is ordered. Jesse opens the box and is like wtf... why is the pizza uncut? Makes a big scene about it. Thought that whole situation was pretty funny and ingenius.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
My mom works for Walmart. I called and asked her about it. She said they're watching you. They have redundant systems in place too. People do manage to get away with it sometimes though. She told me about a guy that got caught recently. He was arrested and charged with theft of what his food stamps didn't cover.

I wonder if he'll lose his food stamps after this.🤔
At my Walmart there's always like 1-3 "Security people" near the entrance. I assume it's part face mask duty, part shoplifter duty. But I always wondered... I had thought that if you didn't scan something, it would set off an alarm... but if you purchase 20 packets of ramen, the cashier will scan the same package 20 times rather than all 20 individually. So obviously not every item needs to be scanned...

I know the places food goes is a large scale. I think that's supposed to help make sure everything is accurate, though I haven't tested it.

One thing I heard people do and seems to be the easiest thing... (though you still have to be gutsy to try)... purchase like x pounds of candy (like the 6.99 per pound stuff) but put it in as bananas (so you only get charged like 69 centers per pound). Of course illegal, but in this case, the weight remains the same, nothing to scan in, only get caught if someone visibly notices you. Honestly, I've thought about doing it, but never quite convinced myself to actually try.

151170260_10158664954923429_8142155542008563900_n.jpg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I come home and smell something dead in my livingroom. I can't find the source. I heard something scratching in the walls some time ago. I don't know what to do about it if it's in the wall or under the house.

Remove ads