Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I see chicken marinade recipes that use vinegar. I don't have vinegar. I do have dill pickle juice. Could I use it? I'm trying to come up with a marinade using things I have at home already. I have
Vegetable oil
Dill pickle juice
Salt
Pepper
Minced garlic
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Some mixed seasoning containers (Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean)
Dill pickle juice- actually all pickling solutions- contain 5%+ vinegar. The one problem you’ll have to deal with is the strong flavors BESIDES the vinegar that make it dill pickle juice. But you might be able to make it work, anyway. All of those seasonings you listed should be good- they show up in a lot of marinades.

Do a search for a dill pickle marinade would probably get some hits.*

OTOH, I have DEFINITELY seen (but not used) marinades based on Italian dressings. Something to consider.

* Edit : did a Google search for “dill pickle marinated chicken” and got lots of results. In fact, Chick-Fil-A supposedly does a 30-minute pickle juice bath for their chicken.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My grandfather had a marinade he used which combined BBQ sauce and Italian dressing. I might have some Italian dressing. No BBQ sauce though.

I started doing a search as suggested. Dill sauce for salmon came up. Salmon is also going on the grill. I wasn't planning a complicated marinade for it, just a little oil and light seasoning. But this dill sauce has me intrigued.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And it goes up to 5x. A lot of these types don't go past 3x. Maybe these people know their audience?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Video game movies tend to blow chunks. The original Mortal Kombat being basically the lone exception. I may be the only person that liked Wing Commander. The new Mortal Kombat has nailed it.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Video game movies tend to blow chunks. The original Mortal Kombat being basically the lone exception. I may be the only person that liked Wing Commander. The new Mortal Kombat has nailed it.
I liked the original Mortal Kombat. The sequel was ok. Will definitively try to watch the new one. What little I have seen from it looks awesome. The new title-melody though, cannot hold a candle to the orignal. That weak sauce dub-step lacks the oumph of the orignal techno-version.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I liked the original Mortal Kombat. The sequel was ok. Will definitively try to watch the new one. What little I have seen from it looks awesome. The new title-melody though, cannot hold a candle to the orignal. That weak sauce dub-step lacks the oumph of the orignal techno-version.
I agree. My biggest complaint, is Raiden. While he may not be Japanese or even a good actor, Christopher Lambert at least gave him some life. This Raiden is so blank and with his accent no too easy to listen to.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
For my chicken marinade, I think I'm going to use my Mexican seasoning. I had microwave popcorn with the seasoning on it during Mortal Kombat. There is a hint of lime in it. I think it'll go great on the chicken or the fish. I plan to season them differently to have a varied taste.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Thursday night I saw several people camped outside of a Target store. Was there a big release Friday? I really haven't kept up with video games of late.

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
EDIT
OTOH, I have DEFINITELY seen (but not used) marinades based on Italian dressings. Something to consider.

* Edit : did a Google search for “dill pickle marinated chicken” and got lots of results. In fact, Chick-Fil-A supposedly does a 30-minute pickle juice bath for their chicken.
hi all, long time no see.

as for the Italian dressing, make sure there is no high fructose corn syrup in it as it leaves a thick bad tasting goo on your food when you cook it.

Remove ads