Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
This is serious....sorta.

If I'm talking about a panda that is a vegan, and an assassin, is the vegan redundant? Would I say the vegan assassin panda? The vegan panda assassin? Do I need a comma? Englishing is hard. Is it any clearer in other languages? Do they have an Oslo comma, a Odessa comma, or Oxnard comma?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
"If you can clarify your writing with a single stroke of your pen, why wouldn't you?"
- Kathy Johnson, my 8th grade English teacher, on the subject of the Oxford comma.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8

If I'm talking about a panda that is a vegan, and an assassin, is the vegan redundant? Would I say the vegan assassin panda? The vegan panda assassin? Do I need a comma? Englishing is hard. Is it any clearer in other languages? Do they have an Oslo comma, a Odessa comma, or Oxnard comma?
Not sure about Oslo or Oxnard, but I can confirm that has no special commas.

* Perhaps I should have used semicolons!

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

You need the comma, at least with that word order. Without it, a potential reading is that the panda assassinates vegans.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1642558075007.gif

1642558182622.gif

1642558229694.gif

1642558262834.gif

1642558523380.gif

FEB092429.jpg

Attachments

• 1642558273981.gif