Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
Wow... :D

So, in the course of some research brought about by the discussion in the thread about the new Fraggle Rock show, I discovered that for several decades a good chunk of Ireland was communally involved in pirating British broadcast tv, lol.

See, folks in the far eastern part of Ireland could get Brit tv due to overspill from Northern Ireland and Wales, right?

Here's the thing... At the edge of that range, from the '70's all the way up til the early '90's or so when satellite tv basically took over, there was a widespread network of large homemade "deflectors" that extended the broadcast range even further. They were powered by tractor batteries that were changed out by volunteers, and nobody, not even the local municipal governments, ever really bothered to try to tear them down.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I am a fan. I'm saddened by his loss. Yet, I feel compelled to say, I hope he's cremated. We'll have a cooked Meat Loaf.

I know I'm twisted. At least I didn't post it in the remembrance thread like I start to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases